Another Finish

I worked on the quilt for Teddy over the weekend and I finished it Sunday night.

see the post about the quilting here.

Since the hand quilting was very simple It went pretty fast.  Teddy has a favorite toy, a fake dog bone, so I used that for the border design.

Here it is all quilted and before binding.  It is made from the bandanas he gets from the groomer and I kept the piecing simple so they would still look like what they are.    I also kept the quilting on the bandanas very simple, just outlining the pieces .

Here it is after binding.

I used the same fabric for the binding and the backing

here he is trying it out

He seems to like it

Here are a bunch of pictures ….

Finished it just in time for the cold fall weather…..it has been going down to the 30’s and 40’s at night.

Now back to work on my pile of UFO’s

28 thoughts on “Another Finish

1. Rose in VT says:

Teddy looks great, and so does his quilt! Chalk one up for the “FO”
    pile…

You can tell Teddy loves it! It’s so DOGGONE CUTE!

3. chris says:

Life imitating art – very fun quilt, nicely done! Give Teddy a scratch from me.

4. Pat Long says:

So cute and Teddy seems to know it belongs to him.

5. Ginney says:

Both Teddy and his quilt are so cute!

6. Dorothy says:

Congratulations Tim, Teddy seems to know the new quilt is his. Enjoy!!!!
    Onward and upward, or should I say, keep the pile of UFO’s going down. Have a nice fall season.

7. Sharon in Galesburg says:

Such a proud looking little guy…..love that dog!!

8. Wanda Gard says:

What a great use of his scarves and the bone quilting in the border was a nice touch. I was in Des Moines last week and got to pop into the AQS Quilt Week Event for a few hours Saturday morning. I saw two of your quilts “in person” and got to admire your work up close and it is even more impressive than photos can reveal. You are so talented!

Thanks….glad you got a chance to get to the show…..it is always so hard to get a picture of a quilt that is the same as seeing it in person….I didn’t make it to the show this year but I hope to be there next year

9. Prairie Quilter/Nebraska says:

Will the real Teddy Latimer, please stand up! (Remember that show?) The print is so lifelike, it is deceiving when they are both on the quilt. What a fun project.

10. Nancy says:

VERY nicely done Tim and Teddy looks happy with his new quilt. I like the straight line quilting. I just finished a quilt this weekend that has wool applique. Sigh… now how to quilt it! Choosing the quilting is always my biggest dilemma. I’ve read to let the design speak to you. Well, my design is not talking yet. You and Teddy chose well on his quilt!

11. Lil Koster says:

Too cute! I love it! And I know Teddy does, too. You should show it to your groomer, or at least take him/her a photo and some business cards – I’ll bet you would get more than a few commissions!

12. katechiconi says:

The ‘bone’ quilting is inspired. It was a clever concept, love the execution, and Teddy finally gets a quilt he can lie on all the time!

13. Elaine says:

Love this quilt! Teddy is adorable (as always) with his new quilt, and you did a wonderful job (as always). The bone motifs are perfect! 🙂

May I ask a newbie question? When you finish one of the bandana triangles and move on to an adjacent one, do you knot/cut the thread and start fresh, or just “feed” the thread under the quilt top to the next triangle?

Is there kind of a rule of thumb how long you can extend the thread under the quilt top vs. knotting/cutting and starting new? I know you don’t really like rules, but I wondered if it matters in terms of wear and tear or potentially pulling the stitches oddly. Thanks in advance! 🙂

it the next area I need to quilt is close to where I ended and I still have a good length of thread on the needle i do feed the needle between the layers and come up in the next area to quilt. if it is only an inch or so away thats how I do it…otherwise I knot and cut

14. Elaine says:

Thank you, Tim. That helps a lot to know. Happy Quilting. 🙂

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )