autumn 2

We had a hard frost so many plants in my garden have bitten the dust 😦   but there are still lots of fall colors around.    I have been thinking of a new quilt idea in fall colors so I drew up a plan.

fall idea

I am not sure when I will actually make it….I decided to work on the snowflake quilt and get it finished….

the #11 between needle I use for hand quilting this one sure seems small compared to the size 5 embroidery needle I used on the last one

I also want to finish the batik quilt top

and several others before I start a new one….but thinking about new things keeps me moving along.

19 thoughts on “autumn 2

1. Mardee Dowdy says:

Tim, you mentioned in a recent blog about making a pattern for the snowflake quilt. Any chance of that pattern being replicated as a pillow top? I’d love to give that my best effort, but don’t think I’d live long enough to finish a full size, especially with my #9 needle! Had to give up #11 and then #10, my hands have gotten so uncooperative! Thanks as always for generous sharing of your awesome talents.

2. Love the orange, yellow and red design. Very Michael James. If you don’t know his work, check it out. 🙂

3. Patty Gal says:

I was going to say your fall-colors quilt plan was very Michael James-ish as well. I thought of his work immediately. I love anything orange. Let’s make it!!!

4. annetisell says:

Your plan is amazing and will be wonderful to work on in a Northern winter!

5. katechiconi says:

Oh, you have to make that new design. It’s wonderfully Art Deco and full of movement. How about making a small one, so it doesn’t take so long, but you still get to realise your design?

6. audrey says:

You have so many wonderful projects going on all the time. Love the fall colors.:)

7. dustin says:

that new idea for the fall top looks great. you might be locked into your layout for your batik top, but I saw this recently, and thought I’d share. http://kansascitystarquilts.com/2014/07/09/rescue/
    I love anything that makes stars out of negative space.

8. karenfae says:

love all that orange! could you drop by my blog and tell me if the plant I show is a variety of a schefflera plant – I’m wondering how I should take care it , I took it home from my mom’s funeral thanks!

I posted to your blog as well but here is what I wrote

It looks like it could be a schefflera….it is hard to tell from the picture. I would need to see a picture of the stems where the leafs connect …..but I think it is likely a schefflera. They tend to have a different look when they are younger….I think this one might be a seed grown younger plant

• karenfae says:

thanks Tim, someone else mentioned that too and I looked it up and saw a variety of the plants and this one does look a lot like one of the photos.

Comments