Center Finished

I finally Finished the center of the snowflake quilt.    Here are some pictures  including a few close-ups so you can see the stitching.(click pictures to enlarge)

I am ready to do the borders so I pin towels to the edge of the quilt.    The towel is so that when I put the quilt in the hoop I can work on the edges and the corners.

It won’t be long now!

A few pictures from the floral design class I teach

DSCN4521 DSCN4522

Now to get to work on hand quilting those edges!

16 thoughts on “Center Finished

1. Rose in VT says:

Tim: Wow! Can’t wait to see it finished. I really like that towel idea and am hoping I can still remember it when I get to the edge of my current HQ project. I just started and it’s a queen size so it’ll be awhile…

2. Patty Gal says:

I love the stippling pattern in the corners. I’m going to have to try this on something. Your stitching is beautiful. I had been basting a piece of muslin to the edge of my quilt when doing the corners and edges. I can see where a towel might work a bit better. Thanks for showing us your progress.

3. Mardee Dowdy says:

These are the pillows I mentioned in post about snowflake design pattern. Obviously, I’m rather pleased with them. I found some silk shantung on sale in great colors for my sofa, had also been wanting to finally try Texture Magic, and then dug out some odd scraps of perfect color linen. One thing often leads to another, but doesn’t always end up so pleasing. Thanks for all your inspiration! – Mardee Dowdy

4. Gisele says:

It’s coming along beautifully Tim, love the whole design & the little jingle bells around the edge are perfect.

5. Rhonda says:

Love your quilt and can’t wait to see it finished.

6. SILVIA says:

IMPRESIONANTE. I LIKE SO MUCH THIS PROJECT. I follow you almost by when you start. I’m loving this top, I like the mandalas and your works, remember me that.

7. Laraine says:

What a wonderful surprise when seen up close. The reindeer, the trees and I am so in love with the jingle bells. Beautiful!

Comments