edge work

Last time I posted about the snowflake quilt

and said that I pinned towels to the edges to make quilting the edges easier in the hoop.

Today I put it in the hoop so here is how it looks

The light was perfect so I took a few more pictures …when the light is right it really shows the texture. (click pictures to enlarge)

Teddy was ready to pose today so here is his photo shoot

He is such a good model….but I am afraid he really needs a bath 😦   but don’t tell him….he hates getting wet!

15 thoughts on “edge work

1. susan p says:

He is so precious! And the close ups show so much. your stitching is wonderful…..I continue to try to emulate your style…..and I have a long way to go..thanks again, susan

I love those jingle bells on the edge! Getting there!

3. Shirley says:

that is the way a friend of mine showed me how to do years ago. she is 97 now and just quit quilting about a year ago. I made a muslin sleeve that I slip over the bottom part of the hoop and pin to that. covers half of the frame, the quilt covers the other half…..or so. the quilt is turning out really nicely! love that you show your progress and how you do things!!!!!

4. Pam G. says:

Quilts is coming along beautifully! And sweet Teddy… adorable as always.

5. Tina says:

Absolutely exquisite work!!!! And Teddy is just exquisite too ;o) !!!

6. Chris -Tennessee says:

Tim the quilting looks fantastic. Question…when you do the over under cross hatch (I think that is the name) when you go under, do you travel with the thread through the fabric? If you travel with dark thread like you’re using, do you have any color showing thru the cream fabric?

7. Connie B says:

Thanks so much for sharing your projects with us. You are a valuable virtual teacher.

Comments