Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Teddy has a Halloween costume that he will wear on his evening walk today. (click on pictures to enlarge)

It has a hat but he did not like it!!

Progress is happening on the snowflake quilt.

Flowers for the sewing area (which is actually the dining room)

I had that star quilt kit out

so I decided to put one block together before I put it away (and it need to press it better and fix the seam on the front triangle so there is a point)

Here is my sewing machine

it is a vintage Singer 301.

Here are a few designs from the class I teach

DSCN4595 DSCN4594

The forecast here is for snow tonight mixed with rain and down to 28 degrees.   Glad I finally got my tulip and daffodil bulbs planted yesterday!

No yard work today….misty rain and wind….yucko.

Back to hand quilting

Happy Halloween

16 thoughts on “Happy Halloween

1. Carin says:

OMG… Teddy is so cute !!! Your flower designs are beautiful

2. Nancy in Naperville says:

Love the patriotic star block and that cute little Teddy! Seeing the floral designs reminds me of the horticultural classes that I took in the late 1960s when I was a student at MSU. Wish I had taken more, but what did I know at age 18 or 19! I was a home ec. major with lots of electives. Remember forcing hyacinths that smelled so wonderful in my room.

MSU in the late 60’s…..did Dr Dunbar teach the floral classes then? campus is beautiful in the fall….but it is so different than it was just a few years ago…so many new buildings!

I think I am going to have to look for some hyacinth bulbs!

3. Lori says:

Love the free flowing of that one particular stem in the centerpiece. Beautiful.
    OMG I can’t believe all the quilting on your quilt. Awesome! I’m sure you will be glad when it is done and you can move on to the next.

4. nancy whitton says:

Your quilt is beautiful! Have you don trapunto on the non-quilted areas or is it the batting that creates the difference? I only do hand quilting and want to learn trapunto but there are few sources — everyone apparently wants to teach machine trapunto.

5. katechiconi says:

Love the sewing machine; purely practical, nothing fancy and strong enough to last for decades. Wish they still made them like that.

machines now need frequent repairs….so many plastic parts….the new norm replace every few years. I had a Brother ….with fancy computer stitches…..lasted a year….

6. Rebecca says:

Teddy is sure to get lots of treats tonight! He is just too cute. Wonderful progress on the Snowflake quilt! Are those flowers from your garden?

7. Deb says:

Love the flower arrangements ! Does Teddy get doggy treats for Halloween in his walk? It’s hard to believe its snowing there , when I’m running around in flip flops at a lovely 75 degrees.

8. Louise says:

Teddy makes a great pumpkin! Great looking machine.

Comments