crazy?

I sometimes am drawn to quilt tops that just seem crazy.  This top is one of them.

It is all hand pieced but really poorly done.   Several puckers and bumps make it less than flat.    This is where people think I am crazy.  I don’t think I need have it perfect in order to quilt it.   Perfection is not all that important to me.  I like the fabrics and the pattern so I think it will make a great quilt as it is.  I will just work around the mistakes.

The fabrics are really fun.  If you are about my age you might recognize some of them from childhood.  Here are some pictures (click to enlarge)

I am still working on the reindeer snowflake quilt.  Pictures of that next time.

16 thoughts on “crazy?

1. katechiconi says:

Isn’t quiltmaking all about making use of what you have? Perfection, as my late mother used to say, is for the Almighty. The rest of us settle for doing our best!

Crazy…but in a good way.

Whoever made that quilt certainly used everything they had! But that makes it so neat. Good luck finishing the reindeer quilt, it will be marvelous!

4. Deb says:

It is very rustic , would look lovely in a log cabin! Or maybe a man cave… 🙂

5. Patty Gal says:

I love this pattern Tim. I don’t really recognize any of the fabrics, probably because I’m too old! I’m wondering how forgiving you can be about puckers and bumps before you have to do some reconstruction. This one doesn’t look too bad. It will be a fun project.

6. JudieBee says:

Again, Tim, your blog is delightful. Just watched your 2013 interview at AQS on You Tube. You are delightful, too! Keep on keeping hand quilting alive. I’ve got a quilt top I made 30 years ago that I just may use perl cotton on. You are an inspiration. Thank you.

7. JudieBee says:

Tim, are you using a 12 perle cotton on your snowflake quilt?

8. Tim, love this very appealing quilt. It reinforces that value is more important than the prints. Do you have a guess as to the era of the prints? Can’t wait to see it quilted. Camille

Comments