I finished the snowflake quilt. I still need to steam it and block it to get it nice and flat and square.
I did the binding with a narrow matching fabric. I had planned to do prairie points but the fabric I was planning to use, assorted blue and white Christmas prints, had a lot of white that was a brighter white than the top and made it look dirty. I cut the binding strips at 1.5 inches and folded in half , machine stitched to the front and folded to the back and hand stitched.
I started it here https://timquilts.com/2014/08/06/snowflakes-in-august-and-updates/
here is a post of the progress https://timquilts.com/2014/08/20/deer-quilting/ and here https://timquilts.com/2014/08/27/more-hand-quilting-2/
Here it is finished …it is 41 inches square
I think I will take a day off from hand quilting now 🙂
I plan to work on a pattern for it this week