Quilted Pillow

The internet is amazing to me.   It brings together so many people and ideas.

A few weeks ago I posted about the Teddy Quilt I made with the bandanas that Teddy gets from his groomer.

It got a lot of interest and led me to meet (on-line) Delse Buss. If not for the internet we would never have connected.     Delse is a quilter who makes the coolest pillows.   A photo of your dog is transformed into a custom-made, hand appliqued and hand quilted pillow .

Here is Teddy

teddy portrait

and here is the Pillow Delse made

It really is fun! (right now I just stuffed it with batting scraps so it is a bit lumpy…..I will buy a 12 inch pillow from to stuff it properly)

Here is a link to the Etsy store so you can see more examples  https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoDotGo

Thanks for the pillow Delse.   Teddy and I both love it!

Here are a few pictures of the floral designs the students made in my class last night.   The snapdragons were a bit curvy from shipping but will straighten up within a day.    (click pictures to enlarge)

It is a very damp and gloomy day here but flowers always brighten things up.

I am pretty pleased with the way the new top is coming together.

Back to work for me

10 thoughts on “Quilted Pillow

1. LINDA says:

LOVE YOUR NEW TOP YOU HAVE STARTED. COULD YOU PLEASE GO INTO MORE DETAIL AS TO HOW YOU MADE? WHAT TEMPLATE DID YOU USE?
    MY ZOEY JUST GOT GROOMED TODAY. HUBBY DOES NOT LIKE THEM TO PUT THE SCARFS ON HER.

I will try to add more in a future post….I made the template from my drawing and I trace them onto the fabric with a sharpie marker and cut out with scissors…nothing to fancy

2. Nancy says:

Such a Cute pillow! Teddy is one lucky dog.

3. Jan Smith says:

She really caught him, didn’t she? What fun!

4. katechiconi says:

Teddy is getting his own quilt gallery. Richly deserved, I’m sure; it’s a hard life being a quilt inspector….

5. Suzanne says:

That pillow is super! It touches your heart to look at it.
    Did you design the new quilt free hand or use software?
    I really like it, very vibrant and the colors are wonderful.
    The reindeer quilt is another triumph!

I designed it in my head and then used software to make the picture sample, or virtual quilt, but it likely will not look like the sample picture exactly because each block is a little different because I am varying the order of the strip pieces….I will post again about how that works soon

Comments