I started hand quilting this quilt on March 5 (see that post here https://timquilts.com/2014/03/05/now-for-a-little-spring/).
I worked on it off and on since then. The vintage top had some problems and you can see how I fixed that here https://timquilts.com/2014/04/05/a-fix-for-the-bias-bulge/
I quilted vines in the sashing and here is how I marked those https://timquilts.com/2014/03/13/sashing-vines/
I washed it after It was finished to get out the pencil marks and the dirt from years of storage. I washed it on the gentle cycle in the machine with hot water, I used Tide and a cup of Oxiclean and a few tablespoons of Dawn dish washing liquid. The dawn prevents any stray dyes from reabsorbing into the fabrics. I then dried it in the dryer at regular temperature.
All the dirt and markings came out.
Here are pictures of all the blocks (click pictures to enlarge)
Here is the back….that horrible backing fabric that was the biggest quilting mistake I ever made.
Teddy had to make his final inspection…..here is is looking closely at the stitching
He decided that it will do
I still need to steam out some wrinkles that always happen in the washing and drying and then it is on to other quilts.
This morning I looked out the window to see this.
looks like a not so good day to work in the garden 🙂
My friends at P&B Textiles are generously providing fabrics for a give away……here is a preview of 2 of the lines
Check back next time for details on how to enter and see more pictures of all the fabrics.