Sidetracked

I started the morning with the intention of having my Tree up and decorated by now.    Then I remembered some fabric I bought in the spring.    Holiday Jelly roll.    20 strips.    So I say to myself….self you can whip up a new tree shirt in a few hours.   Self is always over confident 😉

Well I started by arranging the strips in groups of 10 alternating light and dark

sew them together and repeat with the other 10 strips

cut into wedges and arrange

sew together the wedges

The open end will close together with ties when it is done

Teddy wanted to give it the sit test

I am going to stop now and put up the tree.   I will get the skirt layered and quilted after that.

30 thoughts on “Sidetracked

Self does a good job of getting things done!

2. I love it, it looks so nice and cheerful. What a good idea. Teddy definitely approves!

3. jeanne says:

great job!!

4. Sandy says:

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

5. Joanie says:

Very nice!!

6. Clara Zolud says:

Just lovely, it will make a beautiful tree skirt, what an over achiever you are Tim! Hi Teddy, you make everything more beautiful ♥ Paws for the cause ♥

7. glendajean says:

Good-morning Teddy you look very smart sitting there on Tim’s new Xmas tree quilt. Glenda Australia.

8. Nancy says:

Your side tracked comment made me smile. Oh let me count the times I’ve walked into my stash room with a definite purpose and end up doing something else! Teddy loves the colors of his tree skirt I can see. You did a great job as usual! Will you share the size of that wedge ruler? Judging from Teddy’s feet, it appears pretty wide at the top edge.

9. Ginny hardy says:

I love it !!You and Teddy keeps me entertained. I will have to try the “sit test”. LOLOLGood job, and thanks for the suggestion

10. Rose in VT says:

Would Self like to come to VT and put up both my tree and make a tree skirt? I have enough Christmas fabric for hundreds of them, but have never made one. Now that I’ve seen this one, might have to get busy. Note to Self: Will be most upset if all weekend is spent making a skirt, and my tree is still untouched by Monday…

11. Mimi says:

I would put up the tree today and layer and quilt the skirt after the holidays!!! Look forward to seeing it tomorrow. LOL

12. Maxine Lesline says:

Pretty neat… tree skirt… dog also.

13. Helen says:

Simply genious! 🙂

You rascal you, getting off track and creating more inspection work for Teddy! It’s not like he doesn’t have enough to do, with your speed quilting creating all those long observations of design and SPI as well as the famous sit test. No wonder he has to take regular and long naps to keep his focus. That dog deserves a raise!

Comments