Tree Skirt Project

Yesterday I posted about a tree skirt that I started.
after I got the top finished I realized that I needed batting to finish it…and there was NO WAY I would go to the store on Black Friday.   I put up the tree instead.   I will add the skirt when it is finished.

The tree is all white…..Icicles and birds

I lost count of the number of icicles , there are 4 different kinds and I think the total number is something like a bazillion.

It is hard to get a good picture of a tree.  Low light photography is not my thing, but here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I decided to forget going to the store for batting.  I had a package of batting that I cut down (I should be able to get 3 more tree skirts out of it and I have the fabric to do it).   I was planning to machine quilt it but decided to hand quilt it with perle cotton thread.

I am a bit past the half way point.

I hope to finish the quilting today ….and maybe also do the binding.    When it is all done I will write-up the instructions….and perhaps make a few more.

next time I hope to have finished product pictures….and have the Luxury Essentials  quilt started

16 thoughts on “Tree Skirt Project

1. Every year, I wish I had a quilted tree skirt. Maybe by next year. . . I really like your design.

2. How wise not to go to the shops on Black Friday. The UK has pinched the idea, and the scenes in some shops here were terrifying. I wouldn’t go out either. Your tree is so beautiful, with all that white, and the white lights, and the tree skirt will look lovely. How on earth do you do all that quilting so quickly?

3. glendajean says:

Tim the perle cotton looks great lots of extra work but worth it. I just love the wee birds and I can not believe how many icicles you have on the tree. Did you buy them ALL or have they been passed down in the family for some time. It looks stunning Glenda Austrlaia

Thanks …..I have been adding more icicles to my collection for years……the last 2 years I decided to use them all on one tree……in the past they have been spread out over 3 or more trees

4. Deb says:

Oh your tree is lovely! It will make the colors in the skirt pop!

5. katechiconi says:

Pretty, pretty tree. The skirt is going to be the finishing touch.

6. Audrey Waite says:

The tree skirt looks great. Hope Santa brings you lots of presents!

7. Patty Gal says:

Hi Tim. Your tree is lovely. And the Christmas tree skirt is turning out gorgeous. I love the dark thread you have used for the quilting. It’s going to look very nice under the tree. And Teddy can sit on it just like a little Christmas present.

8. Your tree quilt is a great idea. I bought a pattern for a Hawaiian Christmas tree skirt 24 years ago. Maybe someday I’ll make it.

Comments