Finished

I finished up the quilted tree skirt last night.

I used black size 8 perle cotton thread to hand quilt it.   I did a very narrow white binding .   Bias strips cut 1 1/2 inches wide and folded in half

Teddy will not be able to sit in it.    I have very high ceilings so even though the tree is 6 1/2 feet it fits on top of my quilt case/table with room to spare.

A few more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

Now back to work on “regular” quilting

30 thoughts on “Finished

1. kathleen Campbell says:

The tree and the floor cover are looking good. Thanks for posting.

2. Sharron K. Evans says:

Absolutely beautiful. This may of course scar Teddy for life. Happy Holidays!

3. Deb says:

Truly beautiful!!

4. Anne M Travis says:

Tim you get so much done! Love the tree skirt and tree. Never thought about putting binding strips on edge. Thanks for the inspiration and give Tecdy a scatch behing the ears for me.

5. Janice Graziano says:

Gives a nice, warm pop of color to off-set that beautiful mostly white Christmas tree. Love the old fashioned santa – he really pulls it all together. You are so talented and give inspiration to anyone who looks at your creations.

6. Jan Smith says:

Hey Tim, next time show us some pictures of your elves – one human being cannot work this fast!!

7. katechiconi says:

Perfect. Worth taking time out to get it finished.

8. Kathryn Tomlinson says:

You are so talented! I love looking at all of the things you do and grow. And Teddy is just the best😊

9. Candace Ascher says:

Tim, you are so inspiring. I’ve watched you explain the whole process, still, I look at that beautiful work and wonder, “How did you do that?” May you have a very blessed Christmas. I’m still trying to find pearl cotton so I can give your type of hand quilting a try.

10. I love the look of all those colours under the white tree, and the quilting is very effective. What a shame Teddy can’t sit on it when he worked so hard at inspecting! I hope he gets over it…;o)

11. dkhalcomb2 says:

Turned out great Tim.

12. Angela says:

Good job!, and very timely done, right for the beginning of December. I like that Santa, too. I miss Teddy, though, he always puts a smile on my face. Give him a hug, please. And for you, a pat on your back.

13. Rose in VT says:

Wow, that truly makes the tree, which I thought was beautiful before it had the skirt. I’m going to have to start collecting pinecones, but much
    prefer the ice crystals!

14. Lindsay Pavel says:

So festive, and so perfect with the white tree! Gee, if that pattern and those colors complement the white tree, think what they would look like next to Teddy!

15. Margaret in Port Washington says:

Your tree is a vision of loveliness! And that skirt completes the picture!
    How you manage to create so many beautiful things is mind boggling!
    I love looking at all the photos you post … thanks for the inspiration.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )