Block Layout/Measurements

I have had a lot of requests for the block layout for the luxury essentials quilt.  It is an easy block.

Here are what the pieces look like cut out

Here are the measurements I used to make one 12 inch block

luxury essential block

I am working on the hand quilting

It will be a while before I finish…..it seems like December is so full of other things that come up.

I did spend some time over the last few days making more snowflakes for another pattern set

The patterns are available in my Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/timquilts

some day I would like to make them all into quilts……as soon as I catch up on the others 😉

and Teddy

20 thoughts on “Block Layout/Measurements

1. Ginny hardy says:

Thank you for the pattern, and say HI to Teddy !!!!

2. Rose in VT says:

Those snowflakes are fantastic! What is the largest one you’ve made?
    Does Teddy like winter weather?

they are all made with 18 inch square paper. That is the largest I have made
      Teddy is not a winter dog….he has a very fine thin coat and no coat at all on his tummy…I have made him a winter coat and that helps

3. Mrs. Plum says:

Love the snowflakes, Tim!

4. What a lovely photo of Teddy on that beautiful snowflake. It looks as if he is happily playing in the snow without getting cold!

5. Helen says:

Thank you for the pattern, Tim! The first snowflake seems to be Hawaiian, all are beautiful! Did you ever make a Hawaiian quilt?
    Best wishes and a gentle pet for Teddy!

6. Girl in the stix says:

Lovely quilt, lovely patterns, lovely dog! Thanks Tim!

7. Mimi says:

The snow flakes are delightful and inspiring.

8. Sue says:

Love your snowflakes and have bought them on Etsy. I don’t know how soon I’ll get to them as I have other projects going at the moment. Retirement coming up in 26 mos. and that’s more likely when I’ll get to them! I do have a question about cutting them out. You may have mentioned this before but don’t know where I saw it: what kind of paper scissors do you recommend for cutting out snowflakes? I just have a pair of paper scissors that are probably 40 years old and my ex-husband “borrowed” them from his employer. I’m not about to use them to cut out something like this.

Comments