I have made some hand quilting progress.  I have all but the outside row finished on the Luxury Essentials quilt.

It might be hard to see the quilting in the picture so here is the back

Teddy approves

I added a clear finish to my new Grace Hoop

It really soaked it up and I need to add another coat or 2.

I have been doing some baking for Christmas gifts

DSCN5142 DSCN5141

The real challenge is to not eat them all 😉

Back to work

11 thoughts on “Progress

1. Rose in VT says:

Great progress on the quilt, and those cookies smell good even from here!

2. Deb says:

The cookies look so good! What kind are they? Really like the looks of the quilt.

3. Like Teddy, I love the quilt! The cookies look absolutely wonderful and very tempting, even from this distance ;o)

4. Lorij says:

Hi, did you get the photos of the quilt?
    What do you think about the big stitch and double stand thread? I know it’s not perfect like yours are but I’m pleased with how it turned out.
    The cookies look yummy. And, Teddy seems pretty pleased with the quilt.

from what I can see in the pictures it looks nice…..did you finish the binding?

• Lorij says:

Yes, and washed it. It’s the red and yellow dominate colors that are in the quilt. I wrapped it while she was at school because I’m going home Sunday. When I come back I’ll do pictures of the back and, the one I made for sister last summer and her brother’s too for you.
        I have 3 tops I need to quilt, and 2 tops that I need to finish putting together plus, the queen sized one for my daughter that I’m nearly finish making the back for. I think you will really like that one. The top is a scrappy with gorgeous color. I want to shape the back like a heart but not sure if I will right now. That’s what keeps coming in mind. I’ll keep praying about it and by January when I work on it I’ll know☺. Thank you for all the real concern you show for all of our work. It’s wonderful when a person is truly real.
        Stay warm. Blessings, Lorij

and to you as well 🙂

5. Lorij says:

Double strand thread.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )