Christmas photos

A few years I decided to make a Christmas quilt every year.  I take a picture of Teddy with the quilt .

Here is the first one I made

2010_010211-17-10-santa-chair01742010_0115teddy-dec-100001

The next year I Hand quilted an antique red and green top

Christmas Quilt Finished

The back shows the quilting better

2011_0112christmas-quilt-done0024

2011_01292011-tree0011

The next year I hand quilted a vintage table cloth

2012_013012-1-120006

I added the red border

2012_013012-1-120007

2012_013012-1-120011

I didn’t get one done last year 😦   I finished 12 quilts but no Christmas quilt.

This year I am counting the Reindeer Snowflake quilt as the Christmas Quilt

DSCN4659DSCN4651

and the tree skirt

I didn’t make a full-sized Christmas quilt this year…..and Teddy went to the groomer today and is looking particularly festive so I took a few pictures of him with the quilt I am working on today.

DSCN5166 DSCN5171

I should have this quilt done this week if all goes well

MouseSewingAnimatedTime

36 thoughts on “Christmas photos

1. Sandra B says:

I started a Christmas quilt back in the fall, and sadly, never made much progress on it…so it is on the list for 2015! It’s mostly red work, and I will definitely make it a priority for next year.
    Thanks for sharing your Christmas quilts…they are all great, and I particularly like the one made from the vintage table cloth.
    Tell Teddy I think he looks so handsome in all of the pictures!!

2. Angela says:

Tim, I have to thank you for your photos of Teddy. Looking at him on the quilts puts a big smile on my face, always. I also can see your love for him in these pictures. And the quilts are the ice on the cake. You both have gained my heart. Thank you.

3. Julie Porter says:

Gorgeous. I think he knows that his colouring coordinates with all the Christmas quilts.

4. Sandra Styve says:

I hope you never stop your quilting and sending your blogs in the emails. I look forward to read them. In fact your emails are the first ones that I read.. They are so encouraging for me to want more and more to finish all my phd’s and ufo’s to hand quilt them. I also like doing them in a hoop. I have the hoop that has a base attached to it. The base I about 4 inches from the base. I forgot the ladies name. She sells them on the internet as well as the under finger protecter which I find makes it easier to take small sitches onn the quilt. I’m sure you may know who she is. I forgot her name right now but about the time I retire , it will come to me after this has been sent . L OL. Hope you have the best xmas and new year. bbeesmom

5. Ann Thomas says:

Teddy looks so handsome in these pics. I love the quilts. They’re beautiful. Thank you for sharing you quilting experiences and Teddy with us.
    Have you finished Christmas shopping for Teddy? You should get him a Safe to lock his bone in. Have a good day. See you later.

6. Patty Gal says:

Like the little mouse sewing. Teddy is looking very smart today. However, I notice he does not get to pose with the snowflake quilt or the tree skirt. Hmmmm! They are all lovely. Your table cloth quilt has given me an idea for a table cloth that I embroidered when I was about 12 years old. I am DEFINITELY going to do it and will keep you posted on the progress — once I get started! Think Chanticleer! As always, your quilts are lovely Tim.

I will look forward to hearing how it goes…sounds cool!

he cant pose with the tree skirt now that it is on the tree because the tree is on a table ….it is a 6 1/2 foot tree but I have really high ceilings ….and the snowflake quilt is on the wall….but he did get to sit on them for pictures before they were done and up several times

7. gardnerpam6 says:

Tim- you are truly amazing!
    Teddy looks adorable, as usual

8. knitnkwilt says:

Teddy looks so distinguished in that last photo; very official!

he does tend to get a very serious look…..he really is a character , he has it figured out that it is his job to pose and sometimes he really has to concentrate on it so he doesnt get distracted

9. glendajean says:

Great photos Tim, and gosh Teddy looks adorable so white!!!!! and I have to say the wee mouse is so so cute he has stolen my heart. If I don’t drop in again before Xmas I wish you all the best and many thanks for all the lessons over 2014 Glenda Australia.

10. It is always such a treat to get to my laptop in the morning, and see that you have put something on your blog. What a wonderful post for Teddy and quilt lovers! I don’t know why but the quilts look twice as beautiful when he sits on them! And I think he knows that he looks even more adorable when he is groomed!

11. The quilts looks great! And this is a wonderful record of Teddy, too! Merry Christmas to you both! 🎅

12. Louise says:

I always wondered why my mother never made a Christmas quilt. I ask her one time but she never gave an answer. She quilted Christmas aprons and little pillows but never a quilt. The only reason I can think of was she would have to make each child and relative one if she started. I wish I had kept count of all the quilts she did make in her life time. Each of the four children, 5 grandchildren and several of her sisters and brothers all had several quilts each. All of them hand quilted! I have the material to make my own Christmas quilt and one day I will find the time to make it in her honor. Teddy with his white fur is so festive on the beautiful quilts! Merry Christmas to you both!

13. Pat Long says:

Beautiful. Merry Christmas and a very productive New Year.

14. Rose in VT says:

Tim: Those are just beautiful, and I’m hoping I can remember the tablecloth idea long enough to start one. Teddy obviously loves Christmas as much as you do.

15. Glennis Salls says:

Merry Christman Tim and Teddy, You have put me in the spirit of the season!

16. Cecile UHRY says:

Ok, so I love all the quilts.  Is this your job?  or do you also have a day job?  I love to quilt, but not sure I could afford to leave my job yet. cecile

17. darlynn says:

oh my stars! grand idea to use a vintage table cloth as the center of a quilt. I have tons of those…..hmmmmm. also have quite a few of the fabric calendars which i have thought about making into a quilt.
    lovely!