Room to work

Yesterday I posted a picture of a new top I started….

I got 2 blocks finished and kept having to move piles of fabrics from other projects around to find room to work.   I decided that rather than put it all away I would get the piecing finished. If I put it away it tends to get forgotten.

Here is what was in the first pile.

I started the piecing on this one Nov 4th.

Here is the post about it  https://timquilts.com/2014/11/04/piecing-with-strips/ and here https://timquilts.com/2014/11/05/more-piecing-2/

here are the 20 blocks I finished today.

different layouts change the look

DSCN5232DSCN5230DSCN5228

We need to think about how to put them together because I like them all…I will likely change them around several more times because there are dozens more possibilities.

DSCN5234 (2)

I also might do a border….more about that later

39 thoughts on “Room to work

1. Patty Gal says:

Hi Tim. I like the one with the complete circles; I think it’s the third pic. It’s a fun pattern. My sewing room has reached such a state I have moved my sewing into the Florida room which is not going over very well with DH! Hi to Teddy.

2. Nancy says:

I’m with the gal above. I like the one with the circles. They just POP!
    I bet Teddy will ultimately pick that one too. 🙂

3. Nancy says:

Oh… and I love the new backgrounds!

4. Cheryl says:

I love the first one (I think Teddy is sitting on that one) – seems like big flower vases which is how I would quilt it …Liking the circles as well and I know which ever one you choose it will be süper. As they say in Turkey, “May it go easy for you”

5. Lisa says:

Love all of them but love the circles best……I love how these circles appear to be floating…can’t wait to see your choice.

6. beth says:

Hi from Australia ,
    Tim, your layout with circles reminds me of my Gran’s wooden floor. Thanks for jogging my memories of her at home.

7. Ann Genaske says:

One of the many things I love about quilting: there are no wrong answers, only inspiration for new quilts. Thank you for sharing your inspiration

8. di5lexi says:

Circle one!!! 😉 love it!!

9. Deb says:

Circle one! 🙂 that one is neat!

10. Marjorie says:

I like the unexpectedness of the zig-zag layout.

11. Marilyn says:

Although I tend to lean towards symmetrical quilts (circles) the first one reminds me of hand turned clay pots. All of the variations are great! In other words I can’t make up my mind — LOL. Merry Christmas to you and Teddy.

12. Rose in VT says:

The second and third ones have quite a 3D effect, which can be good or bad depending on your point of view. But they all look neat, so you might have to make some extra blocks…

13. Kris Dauth says:

I also vote for the 3rd setting – the circles just pop from the quilt! Would love to make this quilt. It’s so different and eye-catching!

14. Neame says:

Love your idea of what it means to straighten up — teehee.
    Good holiday to you.

15. You’re going to have so much fun with this quilt top! I love them all, but the squares and circles pops a little more than the others in my eyes. Any way you do it, it will be amazing.
    Happy stitching!

16. knitnkwilt says:

I like the second one; not quite so regular. I totally get that “out of sight out of mind” thing.

17. I love the first one, and the one with the circles. That is really striking, but of course it is up to you in the end, what you like best.
    And I understand about the other projects being in the way. I am finding more and more that I prefer to just work on one thing.

18. Pat Long says:

I just love the circles!

19. I am wondering if it would be possible to make something similar with a striped fabric.

20. Carolyn McCord says:

I love all the different layouts. Gives me something to think about.

21. […] some layout options over the last few days, ( https://timquilts.com/2014/12/20/more-layouts/,  https://timquilts.com/2014/12/19/room-to-work/) but I kept the original as planned.   I do plan to do a few more tops with this block in the […]

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )