Finished quilt top

In an effort to clean up the work area by reducing the pile of works in progress I finished piecing a quilt top today.  I posted some layout options over the last few days, ( https://timquilts.com/2014/12/20/more-layouts/https://timquilts.com/2014/12/19/room-to-work/) but I kept the original as planned.   I do plan to do a few more tops with this block in the future and I will use some of the other options.

With the added borders It finished at 64″ x 76″

Here are a bunch of pictures of the top. (click pictures to enlarge) I really need to take pictures in daylight to get truer colors, the colors are duller without a flash and brighter than reality with a flash.

Hand quilting will have to wait a while on this one….I have too many in progress already.

Now on to the next pile in the mountain

24 thoughts on “Finished quilt top

Climb every mountain
    Blocks loose and sewn
    Every quilt top you own
    …..
    Quilt tops, they will need
    All the time you can give
    Every day of your life
    As long as you live…..

I can hear Teddy ki-yi-ing on the chorus.

2. Sharron K. Evans says:

The pink quilt is the one I wanted to make. I even drew a template for myself. Too bad it didn’t work. It looks so simple. Oh well. It’s a beautiful quilt Tim.

3. Deb says:

Really like the looks of the scrappy border , great finishing touch! Merry Christmas , to you and yours, Teddy included.

4. It came out so good, Tim. Can’t wait till the pattern comes out. Have a great holiday.

5. maittlen61 says:

Wow! I just love the quilt at the top of this post. It is a stunning use of simple shape and colour, beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work on your blog. Happy holiday season to you and your family, from Australia

6. looks great, love the border!

7. Sandy says:

Great choice for borders!

8. Love what you did the border. I’m so pleased you could squeeze it out of the scraps.

9. Lindsay Pavel says:

First time I’ve seen a border like that; I love it, and no waste to boot which I also love! I lost the bet about which pattern you would choose. My choice was one of the symmetrical ones even though you said you would probably choose asymmetric. But I can see why you would choose this one. It is symmetrically asymmetric.

10. Rose in VT says:

I’d almost forgot about that second one, great to see it ‘in progress’ again!

I’m curious, since this was from an effort to ‘clean up’ your workspace, how do you store your finished quilt tops? The ones that don’t get quilted right away. I’m having trouble with those adding to the mess…

Say hi to Teddy.