Finished Quilts 2014

I have had a goal in the last few years to complete 12 hand quilted quilts per year.    I am fairly certain that I will not finish another in the next week so here are the quilts of 2014. (click pictures to enlarge)

I have in the past done more vintage top rescues than new quilts.   This year is the opposite, 5 vintage tops hand quilted, 11 new quilts, one tree skirt and one pillow.

I think I got a lot done!

Next time I will post about all the things I didn’t finish……

To see a lot more quilts visit Bonnie Hunter’s Blog to see the  Happy Holiday Linky Party

40 thoughts on “Finished Quilts 2014

1. Pamela says:

I’m always amazed & impressed by what you accomplish. To have the time to commit to my quilting, so that I could accomplish half as much is my dream. All are lovely quilts. I especially like the vintage tops. My favorites are the Lily Baskets and the NY Beauties. I also like the quilt you made from the Interplay fabrics.

2. Very Impressive number of quill finishes! Especially considering they are all hand quilted! Your hand quilting is beautiful. And I really particularly enjoyed your blogs about how you fixed quilt tops before quilting and how you decided to quilt certain quilts, very interesting! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

3. Vicki W says:

Very inspiring! I only found you blog in the last couple of months but on glad I did!

4. TWELVE????? PER YEAR????
    Wow, I am so impressed! It takes me at least three months to hand quilt one quilt! And they are beautiful too. It must surely be because Teddy is helping you..;o) Well done!
    I wish you and Teddy a very happy Chtistmas and a wonderful 2015 form Wales.

5. Glennis Salls says:

a fine accomplishment!

6. Helen says:

Not to mention the “speed-quilting” !!
    I am really really impressed!
    Congratulations!

7. Cheryl says:

I am truly amazed! I think I need a Teddy to help me accomplish more. We have had 3 Miniature Schnauzers and our Riley looks so much like Teddy. I love seeing your quilts; I love seeing Teddy. Merry Christmas from MN.

8. Sandy Denarski says:

A couple of monhs ago I found your blog when I was looking for hand quilting tutorials. I am now a subscriber and look forward to your posts. Your posts are wonderful, inspirational and well written. Thank you for sharing all you do, and yes, because of you I have begun to hand quilt again. Merry Christmas to you and Teddy.

9. Carla says:

You outdid yourself, Tim! All your projects are great!

10. Barbara says:

So really, Tim. Who are your secret helpers?

11. Rose in VT says:

Wow Tim you are truly inspiring. I suspect everyone is waiting to see what your answer to Barbara is…:)

Can’t help but be intrigued about your promised next post though…especially from someone with more ufo’s than me!

I think of 2014 as the year of the New York beauties, brilliant contemporary quilts and quilting through concrete. And the secret is, folks…..Tim quilts in his sleep.

13. Neame says:

Lovely all. So much creativity. Thanks for all the sharing you do.
    Merry everything. Happy always.

14. Jo le Cheminant says:

Thank you for your pictures and thoughts. I enjoy reading your blog. Merry Christmas and I look forward to a brilliant New Year.

15. Rebecca Loader says:

I think the New York Beauty is my favorite, but I also like the Wonky 9-patch. The more I quilt, the more I appreciate the simplicity of a great 9-patch. Of course, any picture with Teddy testing out a quilt is actually my favorite. 😉 He is so darling.

16. Nancy says:

What a good idea to post all of the finishes together like this! it’s astonishing how much you have completed during the year. Well done! And be blessed for Christmas and the New Year. Look forward to more of your beautiful work.

17. Cecile UHRY says:

Sorry pictures are not appearing Cecile

18. audrey says:

Wowsers!! What a fabulous accomplishment! Love seeing all your wonderful finishes together.

19. Vicki says:

Wow! You must have magic fingers.

Comments