Another top Finished

In my ongoing effort to clean up all the works in progress I finished the Bella Suede top.

I started with 30 fat quarters.

I wanted to use all of them so I worked out a pattern that would work will many colors and have very little waste in the cutting.

Each one is different

Teddy had to try them out

I made 20 blocks, These are large blocks, 17 inches.

Here are the 20 blocks

The top at this point would be 68″ x 85″   and I prefer a wider quilt, but I planned for that.  I have pieces leftover from the blocks to add a 4 in border on the left and right to make it 76″ x 85″.

Teddy seems to be saying “I don’t think you need the border”.

But I talked him into it.

I have batting and backing ordered and I have enough of the fabric left for the binding

I really love the simplicity of this quilt , it really shows off the fabrics and colors.

Simple hand quilting will finish it off nicely.

I still promise to show you all my works in progress before the new year….. when I see them all together I might be scared ;).

26 thoughts on “Another top Finished

1. Clearing off partially started projects…such a good goal! Thanks for the reminder.

2. Angela says:

Another beautiful quilt. I look forward to seeing the quilting work. Happy to see Teddy.

3. Agnes Crispyn says:

I love the quilts you make. Simple and exquisite quilting.

4. Eileen Mele says:

I. Love your posts.you are so cheerful about all the incredible work you do. My creaky old friends lost enthusiasm decades ago! Have always loved this craft, and it’s good so see you show such respect for it. May all good things be in your New year! Think of the possibilities!!

5. I absolutely LOVE that quilt. It must be the colours, or the design, or both, I don’t know, but it has a real impact on me. I think Teddy likes it too, he looks very contented.

6. Marilee says:

I agree about the simplicity. The older I get, the more I enjoy a little simplicity. I also feel the need to finish up started projects and be filled with completed things.

7. Sandy says:

It really looks like suede! Looking forward to how you will quilt it. You just seem to know what to do!

Hi Teddy! You’re such a good boy & so lucky to be around all those beautiful quilts!

8. Cheryl says:

Love it! Happy New Year, Tim. Thank you for the encouragement and inspiration. Give Teddy some ear rubs from me!

9. katechiconi says:

Glad you were able to talk Teddy round; the border really makes the design. Lovely fabrics, beautifully showcased as always.

10. Rose in VT says:

Tell Teddy he won’t have to see the border when he’s laying on the bed.

For some reason the colors in the blocks look more muted than the uncut fabrics in the first picture. Do you see this when looking at it, or is this a trick of photography? The top looks beautiful.

Can’t wait for your UFO post. I haven’t counted up mine for a few years now, but might be inspired to. You also inspired me to go looking for glass icicles – I’m ready for NEXT Christmas now!

the real colors are somewhere in between I think….it is very difficult to get a photograph in the house that has accurate color…they look more muted without a flash, and brighter with a flash…outdoor lighting is best….or sunlight through the window, but here in Michigan in the winter it is rarely sunny…and too cold and wet outside

11. Beccy says:

I love the border! The binding will be great.

12. jean says:

LOVE your fabrics! beautiful tonals!

13. […] am on the home stretch.  I hope to finish the Bella Suede quilt in the next few […]

Comments