A new treasure came in the mail today. A vintage quilt top.
As with many vintage tops this has some problems.
It will take some reworking to get it flat enough to quilt.
I have many old quilt tops with this problem
This is one I fixed several years ago and is waiting to be hand quilted
I bought this one because I think it will make a great quilt once I fix it. I also bought it because of the fabrics. Look at the dogs (or parts of dogs) in some of the pieces. (click pictures to enlarge)
Once I get started on this I will do a step by step of how I “fix” it.
Also new today is a group of blocks
There are 2 different block designs but they do contain some of the same fabrics. There is not enough of one block to make a full quilt. I think that the person who made the blocks had planned to use them together in one quilt. There is really no way to know that for sure but I think they look pretty good together.
I believe that the orange fabrics are from a kit quilt of some kind and re-purposed here. Some of the pieces have segment of printed instructions on them.
I wonder what that quilt looked like.
I made some progress hand quilting the applique quilt
the forecast is for snow 😦