I have a new pile of vintage blocks. They are string pieced melons, And were foundation pieced on newspaper. The newspaper has been removed but I can still see traces of it.
They are in need of a pressing but are in great shape.
I have no way of knowing exactly how the maker intended to use them but I imagine that they were to be used in melon patch blocks.
I think red would be great as well as black and many other colors. Teddy likes it with black.
I have enough for a full-sized quilt. I will need to make a template for the setting pieces and look at my fabric stash to see what I have enough of.
When I was working on the Teddy Quilt I started one on a mottled fabric.
I worked on that one the last few days
I didn’t want them to be the same so I made some changes to the drawing and did not add a bandanna to this one. I used black YLI hand quilting thread on this. I used the same binding fabric as the last one
and cream-colored backing
here the Two are side by side
Here are a few others I am working on (click pictures to enlarge)