Log Cabin Variation

I finished another top today. I started making the log cabin variation top about a month ago (see the post here https://timquilts.com/2015/01/21/log-cabin-inspiration/) .   I used Color weave 3 Fabrics From P&B Textiles. Here are some process pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I got sidetracked by lots of other things but I decided it was time to finish it. I decided to add a border of strip pieces and that used up just about every last bit of the 20 fat quarters I started with.

It is 65″ x 75″ and I might add a border.   Teddy and I are pretty happy with how it turned out.

I will hand quilt it soon 🙂

19 thoughts on “Log Cabin Variation

1. Gisele says:

Oh I love this design Tim, very creative & original!

2. Rebecca says:

A great design. I love the addition of the strip pieced border!

3. Pam G. says:

Love anything log cabin related. This is awesome! Teddy sure likes to pose. Sure hope I bring some of this nice weather to Michigan tomorrow – looks pretty cold back there. Bringing lots of sweatshirts, but can’t find any gloves. May have to get some when I get there.

4. katechiconi says:

It’s lovely, modern, striking and very individual.

5. glendajean says:

Hi Tim and Teddy, now thats what I call Modern Traditionalism. It sure has the X Factor. Love it Tim. Cheers Glenda Austrlaia

6. Mary says:

Love it. Looks as though it would be a great entry in a Quilt Con show.

I would love to enter a quilt in quilt con……I need to join a modern quilt guild to be able to enter, and unfortunately there is not one locally, they have one in Ann Arbor and in Grand Rapids both an hour drive 😦

7. quiltdivajulie says:

I love this interpretation of the log cabin — WELL DONE!

8. Ángela says:

Tim, when you started this top, did you know how big it would be? I mean, with the fabric you had, how did you figure that it would be enough for what you made?
    Beautiful top, I cannot wait to see it quilted. And it looks like Teddy and I share the excitement! Oh, that Teddy, he always makes me smile.

9. Rose in VT says:

Beautiful top! Did you use 2 1/2″ strips? I just finished a one block pineapple with large strips. It was fun, and easier to keep flat than I’d expected. But it was only about 40″ square.

Comments