I started setting these vintage melons in black fabric a few days ago.
Here was the plan for the finished quilt
I got 6 blocks done. (you can see I am getting quilt top buildup on my design floor)
I decided to change my plan. I just needed to make it different, and everything is better with red, so I did the next blocks in red.
Teddy is testing them out. (the log cabin tops are sort of distracting under it but he didn’t mind)
He likes it. There is plenty of room for him and his bone in the circles.
Here it is with all 12 blocks
I still need to join the blocks and then maybe add a border. The finished size will be about 60″ 80″ so I might add a border to make it bed sized. I have more of the red and the black fabric and I have some idea for the border.