Creative Lady

Today on Facebook I got called a Creative Lady.

Here is my Facebook profile picture

WIN_20140622_234235

Do I look like a lady? I do appreciate the creative part, but Lady?

I posted a picture of fabrics that I have an idea for, and the picture generated the comment.

So what is the plan for the fabrics.

First I need to review.Β  Remember when I made this

When I cut the pieces I was left with a lot of melon shaped pieces of the black and the red, here are some of the black on the red fabric.DSCN5706

I decided to use those melons to make another quilt (this could go on forever because I will have more melons left from cutting out this one.

I am suing the red on the black print.

and the black on the floral

The floral is from a line called Hello Dahlia.Β  I really like that in this case I just get segments of the flowers.

I will have more blocks done soon and will show you the overall plan.

Happy quilting

49 thoughts on “Creative Lady

1. Nancy in Naperville, IL says:

I especially love the red dots on the black and red fabric. Am enchanted with the melons and long to have time to make a scrappy one like yours cut from the antique blocks.

2. I’ve been called much worse by people with far lesser intentions, but yes, looking at the Facebook profile picture and name is always helpful! πŸ™‚

3. Mrs. Plum says:

Well, Tim, the person who commented on Facebook was half right–you are VERY creative. I like your new blocks. It’s a pattern I’ve never tried, but I’m always intrigued with curved piecing.

4. LOL at the Creative Lady remark! Love your melon quilrs, and that Hello Dahlia fabric looks beautiful.

5. suzette shoulders says:

Tim, I have yet to meet a “lady’ named Tim, but I know quite a few male quilters! There are a lot of people trying to do too much, and not reading carefully. I only follow 2 blogs, and your creativity and output have me worshipping at your quilty altar! I love the melons, of course can’t wait to make a string quilt… but I will, I have been waiting to make a string quilt for 40 years! i have been a quilter for 40 years! And my grandson made his first quilt at age 6.5! Rock on, Mr. Tim! : )

I also really love that quilt top you made with the suede-y fabrics, and think I will use that idea to use the ‘rail fence’ blocks my mother pieced as her last attempt at a quilt… I want to use her hand-piecing, and frame the blocks with varying prints that will zing her quiet aquas.

6. katechiconi says:

You have to wonder about the eyesight of someone who makes a mistake like that…. I make it a point with backhanded compliments to take out of them only the good, and shrug about the rest. The black and red theme is looking really good.

7. Mike Pearson says:

I get called ‘girl’ by my close friends all the time. I think it’s the way I walk. By the way… I love your melons… They’re very curvaceous. πŸ™‚

8. Ángela says:

Well, Tim, I have been called that way many times and it never felt wrong (maybe it has to do with the fact that I am a female) πŸ™‚
    When I was six or seven, my hair was very short and I did not wear earrings, so many times people thought I was a boy. I got very upset, I hated it. That is probably why I now am a grumpy old “creative lady”, ha, ha.
    The melons are growing a family, what a delight!

9. Lorij says:

Tim, just shake it off and keep it moving. Maybe the person didn’t read before making the remark. You know you’re a man and an awesome QUILTER to top it off!
    The color mixes are fantastic!!!! The more color the better it looks. Happy quiltingπŸ˜„

10. John putnam says:

Oh Honey, you ain’t no lady!

11. Mary Ann says:

Mr Tim: my daughter’s name is Michael so you can relate to what she gets called!!! The Marine recruiter was the best one she had. Just laugh and tell them in your next life.

12. Mary Ann says:

Only if I can be Teddy

13. Sharron Evans says:

I would think by now your skin would be thick. People don’t think. You’ve always looked like a guy to me!

14. Deb says:

Lol! I think someone needs glasses!πŸ˜€ Red,black and white are big colors in Ga. My daughter has these colors for her room., as she is a fan of Ga Bulldogs. I have always like red and black together.

15. lorieast says:

DUDE! Love the quilt. I think it might be self-perpetuating, but it’ll be fun to play with!

LOL!!! thanks…..and I think you might be right about self perpetuating….I am going to find a way to use up the cut outs in this quilt so it will stop

16. Carolyn Black says:

You are the most un-ladylike looking lady I’ve ever seen! My husband is in bed and I’m sure he wondered why I just busted out laughing. If you think that’s frustrating, try this one. The cell phone is in my husband’s name but when it gets close to time to pay the bill they will call my phone with a reminder to call them. When I call they won’t talk to me because it isn’t in my name! I yelled at the guy the last time they called me since they won’t talk to me.

17. Carolyn Black says:

Oh yeah, why don’t you just make a skirt out of those fabrics?

18. Eunice Anne Fowler says:

Astounding, once again…

19. Nancy says:

On the “name calling”, long ago we had a neighbor lady who was called Tim. Her given name was Tomea. You would think her nickname would be Tom then. My pet peeve is sitting down at a classy restaurant and have the server say to my husband and me “How are you guys tonight?” My favorite fabric that you are using is that red polka dot. It just makes the black blocks pop. I think Teddy chose well. πŸ™‚

20. Pam G. says:

Like your profile pic! The quilt is looking awesome… You sure have had some cold weather. I’m heading back to Phoenix today where it’s 80. Except for the circumstances, I’ve enjoyed the visit. I have a pic to send you when I return – it’s a quilt done in 1937 by my great grandmother. Have a great day.

21. Rose in VT says:

Maybe the beard confused her??? Can’t wait to see the next in the Melon Series!

• Marta Adair says:

You and John Flynn definitely do not look like “LOL’s”( that is little old lady) quilters. I just wish that I could hand quilt like either one of you!
      Are you a left-handed quilter or was your picture reversed?
      Can hardly wait to see what you do with your “leftovers”.

I am left handed…..I usually have to learn how to do things differently because of that…I quilt sort of strange compared to others I have seen …leftovers are coming along….pictures soon

I hope to have some pictures tonight

22. Barbara says:

Aside from your picture, I’ve never met a woman named Tim?

23. Anne says:

I love your quilts…just found your website..love that you hand quilt too……there is nothing better, it is the peace in my life…..

24. I do believe the person either read to fast or needs glasses. I can recommend several doctors ( I work for them) LOL I love the color choice Red and Black. The are Mountie colors as well in Jackson. I love the red an white polka dot, it is my favorite. Hard to say though I love Dahlias. Keep up the inspiring work, give Teddy our love. πŸ˜‰

Comments