Color

I have been working on this quilt today.

All those colors.  and I started thinking about how changing a color changes a quilt.

Remember this?

Untitled

and how changing it by adding red it changes the whole look

DSCN5767DSCN5778

I thought it would be fun to look at the melons with a few other colors

It really changes the whole look to change the background fabric.

green-orange orange purple

So now I have a ton more quilts to make 🙂 LOL

22 thoughts on “Color

1. Shula Mussnug says:

So, so clever

2. Ángela says:

My favorites are the pistachio and the purple backgrounds, in that order.

It’s all about color! Some of those examples remind me of Easter egg quilts! 🙂 So springlike!

4. Deb says:

That’s was I love about quilting, there’s so many wonderful colors,patterns and the challenge of putting it all together!! Then there is just the fun of playing around ..😊

5. I understand color much better now than I used to. With the medallion quilts I make, changing the color balance in one border changes the color balance of the whole quilt. In fact, the quilt “becomes” the most prominent color in the last 2 or 3 borders. I showed one quilt in process to friends who asked if it was done after the last border attached at that point. No, I said. “If I stop here it will be a turquoise quilt, and I don’t want it turquoise.” Instead the next border was in double (strong) pinks and pale greens, and the last border was narrower and in purple. Now if you had to name what color that quilt is, you’d probably say “pink” because of the double pinks. It isn’t actually a pink quilt. 🙂

6. kemosabaycampground says:

That was fun. I think I like the purple best. Fun exercise.

7. SusanGreen says:

This is a bit off topic but I am going to Paducha in April and am wondering if you will have a quilt in the show or perhaps be there as a guest speaker. I saw your wonderful entry last year.

8. carol schoner says:

I like it the was it is!

9. Jackie Baumhauer says:

I like it with the red and black. Very stunning!

10. Lorij says:

Unique. The royal blue is very pretty and I’m not a blue loving person.
    You know a great give away would be your scraps. Some of us would be happy to win some of them. You make lots of things and you never know what a blessing they would be for some one else. Then you wouldn’t be throwing them away😊

I usually use every last bit of fabric, I try to design to be very efficient with fabric….so I have very few scraps

• Lorij says:

That’s neat. I have a thing about wasting fabric too. I hardly ever have any thing left after quilting and most of the time my scraps come from my sewing other things.

11. oh my gosh, I think I like it best with multiple colors in the background…it reminds me of skittles! what a happy quilt that would be!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )