Home Stretch

I am on the home stretch.Β  I hope to finish the Bella Suede quilt in the next few days.

Here it is today

There are 3 block to go on the left and it will be ready to bind.

Teddy the quilt model wanted to show off the back as well.

You can see that he takes his work very seriously.

The hand quilting is very simple straight lines, I like to do that because I do not have to do any marking. DSCN5860

I just do it by eye….it is never “perfect” that way, but I think prefect is overrated πŸ™‚

I think I will bind it with the same fabric as the backing.

Back to work ….I am on a roll

Happy quilting

29 thoughts on “Home Stretch

1. Kathi says:

That is looking awesome Tim! You will have another finish to log for 2015 soon for sure πŸ™‚ Kathi

2. Anne Kasten says:

this is such a beauty!

3. Alex says:

Perfectly imperfect – I love it. Love the quilting design – not only easier to quilt (no bulky seams) but it also gives the top the character and charm it was calling out for. A pleasure to see Teddy on duty. One of my dogs passed away at the end of last year, and seeing photos of Teddy brightened the sad days. Teddy is truly dedicated to the quilting cause. So thank you for sharing your talent and Teddy with us.

4. Kathleen Campbell says:

I’m Liking this quilt the more you quilt it. You do see that Teddy is PINK in one photo,Yes?

5. Lorij says:

I like simple quilting and I like that the thread is visible. Some times quilts are quilted and the stitches are lost in the fabric of the quilt and, it seems to make them quiet. This quilt is saying look at me! I am colorful, I am awesome! Teddy so agrees, I think. How many does this make that you’ve finished this year so far?

Great finishing! Then are you on target to quilt one a month? You know you have several waiting in line!

7. Ann thomas says:

I love this fabric. I want to add some of that fabric to my stash. The quilting gives this quilt a voice. It makes the quilt pop.

8. Annette Johnston says:

I think it looks great, Tim. Especially since its not perfect. Perfection is overrated. This is a very handsome quilt. My grandsons would agree. Nicely done.

9. Lisa says:

I Love, love, love this quilt!

10. sue says:

I so wish you were close to va you do great work love your stitches and the colors pop on this quilt I love it

11. suzette shoulders says:

Tim, I think ‘by eye’ is likely the way our great-great grandmothers did their quilting! My quarter inch has been a narrow quarter for 40 years now, I just like the way it looks! I love your Bella Suede quilt, and think I will make a quilt using my mama’s last hand-pieced Roman stripe trios as centers for blocks like yours. Thanks for the constant inspiration! Suzette in balmy central Oregon….

12. jes says:

What color is your backing? In on photo Teddy is the most lovely shade of pink, and the backing is grey. On this page Teddy is white agsin and the backing is aqua…the pink is really quite becoming…

the backing is in fact aqua, and teddy is white ….but his skin is very pink and in the right light he does look pink because his hair is so fine and when it is short his skin shows through

13. Ana Maria says:

Hi Tim!
    I must confess….. What I feel and think when reading your post is :
    Do you ever stop to eat something or even sleep?
    I am quite an old lady, (I am…. ) and spend several hours sewing but unable to quilting even if not perfect. I think that if I have a nice top must not spoil it all with bad quilting so, I always send my large quilts for longarm quilting.
    Such a complex hand quilting as you do, would take me lots and lots of hours and my fingers, oh dear!
    My congratulations to you!
    Ana Maria from Portugal

PS. Since I started following your blog I do know….. You are an awesome man!
    My longarm quilter works along with her husband, in Spain, Seville, so, nothing to add on this subject!

πŸ™‚ I spend a lot of hours quilting, but I do in fact stop for those important things …I usually quilt from 6 pm to midnight….

• Ana Maria says:

Love the happy smile! And feel happy that you have time to eat and sleep and other little things!

Keep on with your wonderful work! Also love your snowflakes!
        Ana

14. audrey says:

Ahh.. I so love your imperfect stitching. Beautiful work as always!

Comments