Bella Suede Quilt Finished

I finished the Bella Suede quilt last night.   Here it is before binding

I did the binding with the same fabric as the backing.

Hand quilted with size 8 perle cotton thread from Hand Quilting Supplies. I used 6 balls of thread.  I used a size 5 embroidery needle and did the hand quilting in a hoop.

As always I washed and dried it as soon as I was finished.   I like the crinkled look of a washed quilt.

The finished size after washing and drying is 71″ x 80″.   Here it is on a bed.

Here are a bunch of pictures. (click pictures to enlarge)

I am very pleased with it.   30 different fat quarters all in the Bella Suede line made for a lot of variety and at the same time a lot of unity.

47 thoughts on “Bella Suede Quilt Finished

1. Cinzia says:

stunning! Your work is always inspiring.

2. helen says:

Be-auti-ful!!!
    The colors surrounded by the binding remember me of ocean-island-beach! 🌴😊 Very sunny! Let spring come!
    Best wishes!

3. Sandi says:

It is beautiful!

4. Barbara says:

Beautiful!

5. Jan Marriott says:

I like the way my favorite ‘scrappy’ look has been achieved…but, where is Teddy?

6. Pamela says:

Lovely finish. The fabrics are beautiful! I may need to go out and purchase some of my own.

7. Judy says:

Love it Tim! What # quilt is this for 2015? Your production is always amazing and inspiring! Can’t wait to see which quilt you will tackle next!

8. Lovay Broussard says:

Beautiful! Love the simple quilt pattern that shows off your hand quilting.

9. Margaret Gross says:

Great finish and photography. The quilt glows.

10. Deb says:

A real beauty!!

11. Pam G. says:

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for all your posts! Inspiration and ideas galore.

12. Andrew says:

I love seeing your work. This one is very good – love the patterns it makes.

13. Marla says:

Great value choices to create the secondary pattern with your blocks. And, IMHO, nothing beats the texture of hand quilting!

14. glendajean says:

Absolutely stunning Tim, hard to believe that pile of fabrics became that beautiful quilt, and 5 balls of thread later that lovely quilted quilt, I’m all ways amazed how the quilting gives the fabric a totally different look in colour and texture. It’s also hard to believe that you have finished quilting this quilt? your needle must just fly all day. Cheers Glenda Australia

15. JanineMarie says:

Beautiful! And I’m glad Teddy let you do that border. I looked back through your posts, and maybe I missed it, but what batting did you use for this one?

16. Julie says:

Great job

17. Lisa says:

Beautiful! Will this one be for sale? How many hours would you say it took you to hand quilt this? Thank you for sharing.

I have tried selling quilts, but I stopped…..people do not want to pay anything close to what they are worth went the time and materials are added up . I work on several quilts at a time so it is hard to say how long it took to hand quilt…..more than 200 hours I would imagine

18. Judy Dietrich says:

Very colorful finish!! Love to see your progress on projects. Need to get busy to keep up with you (lol—too far behind to be a competition) but I need to start something!!!

19. bermudagirl says:

Wow Tim, all that quilting looks amazing, especially on the back, love the backing fabric you chose, well done!

20. Sandra B says:

Love the finished quilt!! The quilting looks great….I try to do straight line quilting whenever I can. Since hand quilting is not a fast process for me, any time I can eliminate the marking process I do. In looking at the Bella Suede quilt as it was in progress, and trying to guess what you would use for a backing, I thought perhaps a print…obviously, I was wrong, and so glad that I was….the backing fabric you used is perfect! And I like that you used it as a binding as well…as usual, you worked your magic to come up with another fabulous quilt!! Cannot wait to see what you will be working on next! Thanks for continuing to inspire us! And thanks to Teddy for doing such a great job as quilt inspector!!

21. Kathleen Campbell says:

Lovely! Thanks for also showing the back. It shows the stitching so well. And, Of course, I had to click thru to see Tedd’s new do.

22. Rosalie Roberts says:

Tim, It is beautiful. Love everything about it!

23. Nice work on this quilt, Tim. I am impressed at the speed of your hand quilting!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )