Finished strip quilt

I finished hand quilting the strip quilt.   I began the piecing in November https://timquilts.com/2014/11/04/piecing-with-strips/

After the top was finished I set it aside to work on other quilts and I didn’t start the quilting until March 16.

Here is the post about the start of quilting https://timquilts.com/2015/03/16/striped-curves/

Here it is with the quilting finished.

After the quilting is finished I trim off the extra batting and backing.

And add the binding

And as always I wash the finished quilt and dry it.

Here is a close up of the quilting

And here are more pictures of the progress along the way (click pictures to enlarge)

Teddy approves.

19 thoughts on “Finished strip quilt

1. chris says:

Aw, look at Teddy’s ears, back and down – happy doggy! Nice finish, have a great day!

2. Jane says:

It looks wonderful! I’ve really enjoyed watching your progress on this quilt. It’s been such an interesting journey.

3. Vicki W says:

It’s a beautiful quilt!

4. Chris says:

Amazing how quick you work! Very beautiful as always. Nice greetings for you and Teddy from the Netherlands!

5. Patricia says:

I am very impressed with the speed of your quilting. It takes me almost this long and I machine quilt!!!!!

6. Cathie Lanier says:

Hi, Tim! I just discovered your work, no talent, today. What a treat! I am a quilter, but nothing even close to what you do. I really enjoy looking at your projects.I wish you lived closer. You would be a wonderful program for our quilt guild. But, I’m in Minnesota. However, I am definitely planning to pass your website address on to other quilters. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

7. Pamela says:

This is a beautiful quilt. Love the fabrics, colors, and design.

8. Deb says:

Lovely work!! Your work was a real pleasure to see, as I have a migraine. Took my mine off that nagging pain for a bit. So thank you!!

Oh, I just love this one. Makes me feel warm and happy just looking at it. One happy little quilt — it’s in that rare and treasured genre. And Andrew will want to know, “How big is it?”

10. Rose in VT says:

Beautiful! I love the movement in it, hope to see it at a show sometime…

11. Laura in IA says:

This is my favorite of all you have created so far. So enjoyable to look at.

12. Barbara says:

Awesome!

13. Lorij says:

It’d beautiful Tim. I especially like your border the way you did the solid then the print and the wide solid out side border. And, I like the simple quilting on the borders. It’s just a marvelous piece of work. You did well.
    Teddy seems to agree😊. Take a break before you start on another in your stack☺

14. Susie Q says:

The quilt of course is stunning! But the more I actually look at this quilt the more it seems unique. You have done a great FAST job on this creation. Well Done!

Comments