Log Cabin Quilting

I started working on this quilt in January.   See that post here https://timquilts.com/2015/01/21/log-cabin-inspiration/

The fabrics are P&B Textiles Color Weave Medley

here is the finished top

and here is the post about marking it for quilting https://timquilts.com/2015/03/19/marking-with-a-helper/

I started the quilting in one corner.

Teddy wanted a hand quilting lesson.

I finished one corner

Teddy is checking our work.

here is the back

3/4 of the quilting to go….

here are more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

13 thoughts on “Log Cabin Quilting

1. Mary says:

I hope Teddy has a good thimble!

2. Lorij says:

You quilt so fast. Seems like you just started this yesterday☺. Does your
    back or hands and arms bother you from working at the frame for a long period of time? Sometimes, if I start early morning. And quilt for a couple of hours I have back and arm issues. I have to stop and do something else then start again. If I work for 3 or 4 hours then sometimes I’m not able to quilt for a day or two because of pain.
    You’re very blessed. And, you do such beautiful work. Happy quilting.

3. Deb says:

I really like the circular motion on the square! I believe Teddy’s wants a little scratch behind his ear for all his hard work of posing.:)

4. audrey says:

Great stitching pattern for this particular quilt! The fabrics are wonderful. Love them!

5. Teresa says:

I so love your work. Thank you again for sharing. — Teddy knows what a talented teacher he lives with. No wonder he wants a lesson.

6. Lorij says:

TEDDY looks very serious about his inspecting😊. Beautiful quilting.

7. […] is a post about the quilting https://timquilts.com/2015/03/24/log-cabin-quilting/.  I started the hand quilting on the 24th. It is a very simple design so it went quickly.  (still […]

8. sandra styve says:

do you do a lot of turning your quilt to be in the rite position to sew? i see you use a lot of easy one direction quilting that you don;t have to maneuver the quilt in a certain position ..i have to maneuver mine quite a lot be cause of the quilting design..

Comments