Nap Time?

What does a quilt inspector do when he is not inspecting?

Nap of course.

The projects I am currently working on are slow going and he really doesn’t have much new to inspect.

He does perk up when he hears the camera click.

but if he doesn’t see me with a quilt in my hands he stays put.   Inspection duties don’t really begin until a quilt is on the floor.

Look at the back of the applique quilt.

I think that adding trapunto was the right choice.

The melon quilt is not easy.   The thick batting is hard to quilt through and I should have rinsed the melon blocks before I pieced them.   They have a lot of starch in them and that makes for harder hand stitching.

here is the back

Some of the melon pieces are not particularly flat (remember they were made about 75 years ago and were not at all perfect)

I am just quilting over the bumps.

Once it is washed it will be very hard to tell where the bumps were because the batting will shrink in the wash and cause an overall crinkle.

I have batting and backing for this one

I will start on is soon…..I think 😉

Happy QuiltingTim

22 thoughts on “Nap Time?

1. love to see progress… the Trapunto is spectacular!!!

2. Pam G. says:

An inspector does have to get his rest so he can think clearly. Beautiful work on the quilts! BTW – I’m heading back to Michigan on Sunday – do you have any event in the next couple of weeks?

3. Eileen Mele says:

Happy Easter, Tim!

4. Deb says:

Thanks for the update on the batting! You said…” I will start on this soon.. I think,”… like tonight? :))

5. Ann Genaske says:

Beautiful definition on the melon quilt. Actually, on all of them!

6. Carolyn in Maine says:

Too bad you’re having such a hard time hand quilting that heavier batt. Perhaps it was meant more for machine quilting, since that seems to be the most popular thing these days.
    I think I will use a wool batt for my next quilt, and probably do some machine and some hand quilting. Have you worked with wool before?
    As always, I love seeing your quilts, and your little inspector!

7. Lovay Broussard says:

Beautiful work ~ I’m learning hand quilting, but don’t have a hoop so I do some projects.

I bought my first hoop for less than 10 dollars and used it for dozens of quilts, the best investment ever. I could not hand quilt without a hoop

• Abigail Rivers says:

can a embroidery hoop be used? I m also looking for a hoop, but I can only use a very small one because my digits dislocated pretty fast.

8. Lorij says:

Teddy knows there’s a time to works and, a time to rest. He’s a smart inspector😊. Hope that the quilting gets easier as you work on it. It’s going to be awesome when you finish.

9. Abigail Rivers says:

And for the rest of the quilting and quilts, I love doing trapunto, although it is labourintensive, you get great results and others look at it with their mouth open, and have top remind them that they ve got their mouth open and laugh. Oh well, I guess if you don t quilt yourself,then a trapunto quilt is something you won t see daily. 🙂

I most love the last one, that you re gonna be quilting soon. The pattern, can I copy it for charity quilts?

free quilts for parrents who ve just lost a baby. I think it gorgeous and I can send you a picture if it s finished.

10. Dirinda says:

What a great job you did putting the Watermelon quilt together and then using the other pieces to make another gorgeous quilt. Such talent.
    Teddy has learned to save his energy for true inspecting!!

Comments