Organizing 2

I got 3 more boxes packed.  See this post for more (  https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/time-to-organize/)   These aren’t great pictures since I just need a pic for the box so I know what is inside.
storage
Here are the photos of the quilts in the next 3 boxes. (click pictures to enlarge)

lots more to go!   more pictures next time

Happy quilting

26 thoughts on “Organizing 2

1. Nicole says:

Gosh you’ve got some real beauties there. Good luck getting all those finished!

2. glendajean says:

Oh Tim what two great Show and Tell displays the last two days have been !!!!! What a wide range of quilts in the last two days all so so different. The one with the sampan boat is very unusual????? What a life time of work you have ahead of you. You sure won’t ever be bored LOL Cheers Glenda Australia

3. glenda says:

I’d like to ask about the star quilt that is pictured between the pink column quilt and the crazy quilt. It is an eight pointed star with a white outline (for lack of a better term), but the rest of the block – some look like there are definitive pieces and other blocks look like they are crazy patched. Can you tell which it is and might you know the name of the block?

Awesome collection!!!

4. Lindsay Pavel says:

I love to see all these photos together. I love looking at these tops and imagining what they would have looked like finished and on a bed in the maker’s home. I might then imagine what the rest of the home would have looked like based on the quilt. If I can’t imagine it on a bed, I will notice that the artist must have received much pleasure from designing and making the top. Thanks for providing this eclectic gallery.

I have the same kinds of thought when I work on them….it is always fun to imagine what circumstances they came from…and why they didn’t finish them

5. bermudagirl says:

Wow Tim, what a treat, your online quilt show! You have so many that I would love to have! That pink bordered ocean waves is amazing, the Bear paw, the flower baskets (for lack of the proper name) and those are just a few. Thanks so much for all the inspiration! Good luck with your organizing. Look forward to your next post. You must be so overwhelmed!
    Jodie

6. Lorij says:

It’s so satisfying to get everything organized and neat. Then when you sew or quilt it feels like a breath of fresh air. Putting a picture of each one on the end is neat. All the tops are nice.

7. Eileen says:

Wow! What a fantastic collection! Thanks for sharing them with us. So many awesome, unique quilts.

8. Mimi says:

You do realize that you are encouraging all of us old ladies to finish those half baked quilts that sit on our shelves. Thinking someone sometime will quilt them and enjoy them.

Looking forward to the next group…..

9. Ginney Camden says:

You’ve got some real beauties there that will be fun to quilt!

10. Cheryl says:

YOWZA! I am enjoying these pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. You go, Man! And I am happy Teddy, whom I love is not on these quilts. Wouldn’t want him to be accidentally boxed! 👍

11. Hey Tim, I really enjoyed all these pix! Thank you for taking the time to post them! I like your visual labels for your boxes. That works way better than written descriptions! None of these tops are particularly saying ‘qulit me’ to me, how do you pick? There are so many how do you decide?!
    PS- I have not seen the rest of your house but you do not strike me as a hoarder. You are a Collector, there’s a difference! cheers.

It is so hard to decide…..I bought every one because it said quilt me to me. Going through them all again is a good reminder of why I bought them and what I have, but I sure don’t know which will be next

12. […] next batch of vintage quilt tops is photographed and packed. See here https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/organizing-2/ and here https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/time-to-organize/ to see the […]

13. Such an amazing collection, Tim! They’re going to keep you busy for quite some time……..

14. […] 4 posts for all the others tops I have already packed. There are hundreds 🙂    quilt tops 1,   quilt tops 2/ , quilt tops 3 ,  quilt tops 4 […]

Comments