Organizing 3

The next batch of vintage quilt tops is photographed and packed. See here https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/organizing-2/ and here https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/time-to-organize/ to see the others.

Here are the pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I am out of tubs….so I am done until I get to the store. ( I have 16 boxes now with about 15 in each so 240 packed and more to go)   I will post more soon…..and these will all be hand quilted some day.    I can do about 16 per year so that is only 15 years If I only work on these…..but you know I cant do that….I love to make new quilts as well as finish these old tops.

32 thoughts on “Organizing 3

I have a brilliant idea on how you can manage these quilts. Put numbers on each one of them and let us bid on them for the finished quilt. Wouldn’t that be fun and it would encourage you to finish more than 16 a year.

2. Debbie Painter says:

I love all of your quilts! You have an amazing collection! I would love to just pet all of them! They are so beautiful! Your hand quilting is remarkable! I learned to hand piece and quilt from my daughters great aunt & great grandmother. They were plain country women that had an awesome talent. They could had piece in tiny stitches with outstanding accuracy. I wish now I had taken more time to learn from them. They are both gone now and all I can do is remember! Blessings to you!

3. Cathie King says:

Nicely done, but I’m concerned poor Teddy must be hiding under a bed thinking you’re going to pack him into a bin. I’ve missed him the last couple of days!

4. Jan Marriott says:

my goodness Tim……you WILL be a busy boy.

5. stephanie says:

What a fantastic collection!

6. kathi says:

Incredible collection — bet there are some great stories about how you got some of them. I do have a question– do you do house calls? I have a fabric stash that has gotten out of hand and it would love to be as well organized as your quilt tops!

7. Maryse says:

Wow, that is a lot of quilts! What do you do with all those quilts?

8. Sandra B says:

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all these quilts over the last three blog posts!! I need to go back and look at them all more slowly….I am glad that no one is asking me to pick a favorite…they are all beautiful, and so much variety! What an awesome collection! I knew you had a lot of quilts and quilt tops, just from comments you have made in your posts, but I had no idea that the collection was this big….quite a treasure! Cannot wait to see them as various ones get their turn in your quilting hoop!! Like another commenter said, I have also missed seeing Teddy….tell him he is missed, and I hope to see him in an upcoming post soon….

I will take some pictures of teddy for the next post…..I didn’t want to get the numbering messed up on the photos so I could more easily put the pictures on the boxes

9. Rebecca says:

Keeping Teddy off the these quilts while you were photographing must have been fun. How did you explain it to him?

My kids commented that they knew what you would be doing in your retirement! My 17 year-old son wants to retire now – his grandparents keep doing cool things and he’s having to force himself to stay motivated with his schoolwork.

Teddy understands somehow…..when I lay out a quilt he will not get on it unless i point to it and say ok. Yes Retirement plans are to never stop quilting

10. Sandi says:

Loved seeing all the vintage tops! Thanx for taking the time to do this!

11. Cheryl says:

I’m starting to feel better about my stack of “I want to hand quilt one day” tops. Thanks . Now how do I make my husband understand?

12. Deb says:

WONDERFUL quilts!

13. Lorij says:

Be nice for you to do a give a way with some of these tops maybe 4 times a year. I’m sure that all of us would enter to try and win😊. You’re blessed to have a space to store them. Be careful and check them to make sure that no condensation forms when you change from heat to air. It can cause mildew on the fabric in the plastic. I had that happen before. So, I used the bags you take the air out of then put the bags of fabrics in containers.
    Teddy probably realizes there will be more room for him with all the tops packed away. 😄
    Don’t work too hard.

14. Mary Ann says:

I’ just jealous, jealous, jealous. Not only do you get things done you have a basement or an attic to use. Short changed on both since I live in Florida. But I won’t exchange winter for a basement! Your tops are fabulous, both the quilted ones and the toppers.

i have neither basement nor attic….the basement is a wet mess and is unusable, nothing can be stored there the attic is 200 degrees in the summer and not tall enough to stand in but bats like it. I have a closet intended for clothes ….that is it
      I do have a studio if you count the dining table and not putting away the ironing board as a studio

15. gardnerpam6 says:

so many quilts! Many of them are beautiful. I bet they all will be after you quilt them.

16. […] the others tops I have already packed. There are hundreds 🙂    quilt tops 1,   quilt tops 2/ , quilt tops 3 ,  quilt tops 4 […]

Comments