More Vintage Quilt Tops

The last 3 posts have been about all my vintage quilt tops and how I am organizing them in tubs with photos

Here are those posts https://timquilts.com/2015/04/09/organizing-3/ , https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/organizing-2/ , https://timquilts.com/2015/04/08/time-to-organize/

I have 16 tubs packed so far….maybe 3 to go……but I did have several packed previously…so here are the photos of what was in those tubs. (click pictures to enlarge)

Lots of tops to hand quilt 😉

April Showers here in Lansing MI and Teddy hates to get wet!   He got rained on during his walk last night and was not happy

DSCN6219 DSCN6218

I am making progress on some quilts….I will post new pictures next time

28 thoughts on “More Vintage Quilt Tops

OMG, you have to pull out that yellow house one and work on it next!!! Yum! And poor Teddy, he needs a rain coat and galoshes. He looks so forlorn!

I do love the house top…..pretty cool…..I don;t know about galoshes ….but he might wear a rain coat…..he doesn’t even like to be in the car when it is raining….he curls up and hides…afraid it will get in

2. Deb says:

I totally agree with Teddy on getting wet. Lol, his facial expression on the picture tell it all. I’m feeling real good about my little stack of quilt tops.Im not much of one to buy a top but I’ll buy vintage fabric at the drop of a hat to make one. I think I’ll stroll over to EBay …

3. Lori Loff says:

Oh my!

Well you are the guy to finish those quilts. You do an amazing job, and so quickly.

How did you acquire the tops?

Do you sell them?

Do you quilts for others?

Lori

4. Nancy says:

OMG IS the best descriptive word I can think of too, like Sara. Are you counting as you go? My fav of this group is the one on the left in the ninth row next to the pink maple leaf. It’s an off set bright compass style.
    Just lovely!! I’ll hand quilt that one for you. 🙂

5. Marie says:

Do you get overwhelmed looking at all these? It’s kind of stressing me out – so much to do!

Marie

6. Cheryl says:

How do you “file” them in boxes? are your own made tops separated? are styles? you have some real beauties…

7. Mary says:

Your collection is amazing and I hope you get to hand quilt all of them. My little corgi Eugene hates the rain too. We’re in Grand Rapids and it has been very wet (and muddy)!

I think I can …… 🙂 muddy and rainy is no fun for doggies…..but I actually am happy he doesnt like to be wet and dirty….keeps the muddy out of the house

8. Janice Graziano says:

The more you quilt this, the more I really like the patterns and the colors. Your choice of quilting designs is the perfect compliment to the quilt pattern. (As always)

9. Ok, you are officially the KIng of Tops!!! I have a friend who calls herself the Queen of Tops. And of course you have THE perfect model for your works in progress!! 👏😊

10. oh chit Tim…I think you may need an intervention! LOL At the very least you need an apprentice to help you 😉

11. Louise Jackson... says:

Your tops are beautiful. It’s nice to see that there are so many designs out there to quilt. You should be in your 100’s by the time you get them all quilted….just kidding. Lots of luck, enjoy!

12. Rose in VT says:

I’ve loved your posts this week! How long did it actually take you to take all the pictures and fold the quilts up? This is sure a fantastic stash of tops. Now how many bins do you have of tops you’ve made? Your posts make it look like you quilt your own tops as soon as you finish piecing them, but with all these others around to tempt you, that can’t be right…:)

I have only a few tops that I have pieced that arent quilted….those few are mixed into the pictures….I usually do quilt the tops I make as soon as it is done. I took all the pictures the same day I posted them, except the last post, I took those pictures a few years ago when I packed up those 6 boxes

13. glendajean says:

Morning Tim and Teddy, thanks for sharing ALL those quilt tops Tim, there is one there of a shanon-rose I have some cut out blocks that needed to be made up from around 1930 and the green pieces were missing and the swags so now I know how to do the borders and where to use the green. Many thanks for solving a problem for me. If you have to quilt all those quilts and if you quilt 13 a year you have 20 years all ready planned. LOL at least you will never be bored. Thanks so so much for sharing Tim there dis so so much to see and learn from in these photo’s. Glenda Australia.

14. […] have already packed. There are hundreds 🙂    quilt tops 1,   quilt tops 2/ , quilt tops 3 ,  quilt tops 4 […]

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )