Filling in

Lat time I showed the Mackintosh Rose quilt with the outlines finished.

The outlining was done with #8 perle cotton thread.   I did it with back-stitching to make it stand out more.

Last night I did some work on filling in ….eventually the entire quilt will be filled like this.

It is hard to see the texture that the hand quilting created or the true colors but you can get the idea of how the filling will go.     I am using size 8 and 12 perle cotton thread for this and a size 5 embroidery needle.  The Batting is Mountain Mist poly.

The back looks almost the same as the front.

It looks like I have a lot done.

Until you see the remaining quilt.

Here are more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

A few days of sun and warm temps have encourage some more flowers to open

I hope the weather holds….it was a long winter!

41 thoughts on “Filling in

1. Heather says:

You are so creative and talented. Always brightens my day to read your postings. Thank you.

2. D3QFWTY6U7OP_{+[POIUYTREWQwcrt yuiop][poijuyg ewq says:

At first I thought maybe you were being inspired by William Morris ( which I love) but this is different. I love this style also.

3. Judy Dietrich says:

This is larger than I thought at first, now that the outlining is done. Love the addition of color. Thanks for the info on the artist, always fun to learn new stuff!! Everything worth doing takes time!! This is going to be outstanding.

4. Cathy says:

Looking good!

5. taphian says:

wonderful design of the quilt and beautiful flower shots

6. quilter37 says:

Looks great. Garden is impressive.

7. Vicki W says:

Oh my gosh, this quilt is going to be spectacular!

8. Pat Beech says:

Love all the flowers Tim. Looks very similar in England right now. So pretty. My favourite time of the year.

9. Mary says:

Wow – this is beautiful – Love it!

10. Deb says:

Your quilt is great! The tulips and daffodils are always a refreshing flower no matter how many times you see them.

11. Pat says:

It’s going to be gorgeous!! Wish I lived next door to you so you could teach me. You do fantastic work.

12. audrey says:

This is going to be outstanding! Love how creative this is.:)

13. glendajean says:

Tim I bet you went to bed very late last night LOL. what a roll you are on, I’m sure your adrenaline is way up while you are quilting trying to make the needle go faster and faster to see it come alive. It evens sets my heart ponding watching it grow. It will be hard to stop so you can go out side in to your beloved garden full of spring. Glenda Australia

14. Sharon G says:

This is a very cool idea! Love it.

15. Kerry Brown says:

Love this post. Thanks for the lesson. Your quilt is beautiful. I have never done a whole cloth, it seems so intimidating. I can’t wait to see it finished.

16. PATRICIA says:

Your quilting takes my breath away, and indeed it was a long winter.

17. Pat Beech says:

Love cherry blossom too Tim. It’s out here at present plus magnolias, forsythia,cowslips,primroses,wood anemones,tulips,may blossom. The blue bells are just coming out. It is just beautiful. We are so lucky.Happy sewing and gardening.

18. Lorij says:

Hi Tim, I know exactly what you mean when you’ve put many hours into something and it seems to others that is quickly done. Just keep on doing what you do. You do beautiful work. Teddy sure is keeping a close eye on you. 😊

19. Lorij says:

Hi Tim, I know exactly what you mean when you’ve put many hours into something and it seems to others that it is quickly done. Just keep on doing what you do. You do beautiful work. Teddy sure is keeping a close eye on you. 😊

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )