Lat time I showed the Mackintosh Rose quilt with the outlines finished.
The outlining was done with #8 perle cotton thread. I did it with back-stitching to make it stand out more.
Last night I did some work on filling in ….eventually the entire quilt will be filled like this.
It is hard to see the texture that the hand quilting created or the true colors but you can get the idea of how the filling will go. I am using size 8 and 12 perle cotton thread for this and a size 5 embroidery needle. The Batting is Mountain Mist poly.
The back looks almost the same as the front.
It looks like I have a lot done.
Until you see the remaining quilt.
Here are more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)
A few days of sun and warm temps have encourage some more flowers to open
I hope the weather holds….it was a long winter!