more hand quilting

More hand quilting this weekend.   I am using Presencia perle cotton  in size 8 and 12.  I have used about 20 different colors so far.

here is a picture of the back

Here are more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

Teddy is watching closely.

30 thoughts on “more hand quilting

1. Sharon in Galesburg says:

I love all your pictures, but the last one is my favorite. You and Teddy are lucky to have each other.

2. Mrs. Plum says:

Your quilting is lovely as always, Tim. Have you ordered more thread yet?

3. glendajean says:

Hi Teddy, what a lovely photo of you up close so lovely to see your beautiful Eyes!!!!!! Morning Tim, I was reading some ones blog but put my sound up incase your email came in???? I will be watching closely every morning till this beauty is finished. How soft and beautiful that leaf is looking, your fingers must have been flying. Love how the shading is showing up on the leaf to complement the rose. Happy quilting Tim Glenda

4. John putnam says:

Teddy looks very impressed, as am I. Beautiful.

5. Sandra B says:

Oh this quilt is going to be awesome, Tim…. And I love the close up shot of Teddy! What a great companion he is! Was he doing some close-up inspecting? Looks like he takes his job as inspector very seriously!

6. marilee says:

I like this technique–almost looks like painting with thread.

7. Marla says:

This quilt is going to be stunning! I love the shading that is developing with the different colors and the texture is wonderful. What type of fabric are you using for the background?

8. This really is a brilliant take on Charles Rennie Mackintosh – you work so fast!

9. civilwarlady says:

Tim, you have inspired me with this quilt. I just got my order from Presencia on Friday, and I can hardly wait to try it out. I got the sampler reds pack, and I can see it in conjunction with Union blue. Thank you again for the idea! Abbey sends her best to Teddy.

10. Barbara Rasch says:

Awesome quilting with colored thread. As always Teddy looking handsome as ever.

11. Tim: What size hoop do you use? Your favorite batting? Thanx!

there is no single answer to that…..hoops between 14 inches and 24 inches depending on the quilt…..batting wool, silk, poly, cotton, mountain mist, warm and natural, Hobb’s , Dream……it just depends on the look I am going for

12. Christine Brooks says:

Answered all my questions. Should have read here first!!!! Great blog!

13. Lorij says:

Look at Teddy!!! He’s so precious.
    The quilt is coming along very well. It will be beautiful when you’re finished. Happy quilting.

Comments