Progress on the rose quilt

I have been working on hand quilting the large rose on the upper right of the quilt.

I finished that one today.

Here is a picture of the back

Here is the assortment of threads I am using. (Presencia Perle cotton in size 8 and 12)

Teddy wanted to test it out.

He likes it so far.

I am going to take a break from this one and get back to some of the others for a few days. I have some adjustments to make in the black outlines but I need to think on it for a bit. Β Β  I will post more about this one as it progresses and more about the others, and the garden soon…

21 thoughts on “Progress on the rose quilt

1. Cheri says:

This is so inspiring. It gives a new meaning to whole cloth quilts. I’ve got to figure out what I might like to design. I love doing big stitch!

2. Espirational says:

Beautiful — as always. You do such wonderful work. And of course
    Teddy is a cutie!

3. glendajean says:

HI Tim and Teddy, great to see you again Teddy. Tim it looks so restful to me. Magiacal and so calming. I blew the rose up and it reminds me of the exquisite work the Japanese ladies do in sashiko. They call it often grains of rice when it is done like this. Glenda Australia. PS A gorgeous array of colour in the threads.

4. Oooooh! You’re so FAST! πŸ˜‰

5. Leo says:

I don’t remember if the veins in the leaves were quilted in dark thread, but it doesn’t look so … at the moment I’m a bit undecied if the play with greens and I think also directionality does it for me … these stained glass pieces seem to live on the stark/harsh borers …

I’m just glad it’s not me that has to decide – but I just thought I would throw it out there, because I always miss “critique” when I show my quilts – some of them are really terribly ugly, even though they work as a whole but I feel it’s almost an isult when all I get “ohh that’s nice/beautiful …” because really they are anything but …

And I mean what better way to acertain “your” way than accept another view think a while and come to the conclusion – that no the own way is still the way you like it best …

6. Mary says:

Wow, this is coming out beautiful! – Love it πŸ™‚

7. Ranchwife in Nebraska says:

Tim,
    This is going to be another beautiful quilt.
    Did you draft a colored pattern on paper before you started, or are you just deciding on the colors as you go?

NO I just drew the outlines with pencil directly on the fabric ….and I am selecting the thread colors as I go….it really is all in my head….mostly

• Ranchwife in Nebraska says:

That just amazes me because I can’t do anything without a pattern. I think it is wonderful how we’re all gifted with unique abilities and talents. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I’m enjoying seeing the progress unfolding.

thanks for following along πŸ™‚

8. Lorij says:

I like that the back is as pretty as the front. You do such beautiful work.
    It seems to be meeting Teddy’s approval too.

9. terryknott says:

I’m loving the texture your hand stitches are creating. You inspire me to keep going. Thank you for sharing so much of YOU in your blogs. Personally, I hope you continue on as you are. . .creating a new pattern as well as finishing someone else’s top. Your work is beautiful. . .including your gardening exploits!!! πŸ™‚

Comments