Next project

A few weeks ago I finished this top

I ordered some backing fabric for it.

And today I bought the batting.

I have used it before and I really like it.   I will post pictures when I get started on it.

It has been cold the last few days but the weeping cherry tree is in full bloom.    When I got the camera and told Teddy to come outside for pictures he just stared at me.

I guess he wants to wait for it to warm up again.

Here are some garden pictures without Teddy (click pictures to enlarge)

I said I was done working on the Mackintosh Rose ….but I did a little more

DSCN6359 DSCN6358

Happy quilting

36 thoughts on “Next project

1. glendajean says:

Morning Tim and Teddy, my goodness Tim there has been so much to see and learn from on your blog this week. It’s hard to believe it is a year since I last saw your beautiful cheery tree in full bloom. There are so many jewels in your garden. I’m looking forward to seeing that stunning top bought to life with you needle. what a fabulous backing for it. It was a great learning curve for me to see how you have stitched the background of your roses. I kept wondering how you were going to do that. What a wonderful lesson this quilt has been for me. Cheers Glenda Australia.

🙂 thanks……I looked at the dogwood tree this afternoon and I have high hopes that it will have lots of blooms in the next month …..the cherry is usually done in a week but it is so beautiful when it is in bloom

2. Marilyn says:

Smart dog! Brrrrr. Can’t blame Teddy for not wanting to go outside. LOL I like your quilt top. The only thing blooming here were the crocuses. I am hoping the magnolia buds do not freeze with the drop in temperatures

3. Tracey says:

Wow, I love the top and that black and white backing is fantastic! Do you share specifics of the fabric? Tracey, NoCal

4. Sharron Evans says:

Teddy is no fool! Love the way the top came out. Will you be able to sleep under that black and white backing? Woo, making me dizzy! Oh, maybe I was already dizzy!

5. LOL, that expression on Teddy’s face says it all “are you crazy? I’m not going outside!” LOL

6. Rose in VT says:

I’m with Teddy on that one. The flowers are beautiful, both outside and on the quilt.

7. Judy Dietrich says:

The roses are really coming out beautifully. I think this project wants to be worked on & calls to you. The white background and the thread combined makes a fun color, lighter than expected when looking at the ball of thread. I like your background—really catches your eye with the black and white!! Good time to buy the batting, right around Earth day.

Thanks Judy…..it is surprising how the thread looks lighter…..and the closer the stitches are together the darker it gets so variations in spacing helps with shading

8. Deb says:

A delightful post,In flowers and quilt!

9. Martha Caterino says:

Love the roses…such a great technique. Your blog is a bright spot in my day!!

10. Pat Beech says:

Is this next project pieced or applique please Tim? Love the colours. Are you working on both pieces at present? They are both beautiful. I do love your work. Happy sewing.

11. helen says:

Hi, Tim! I love this quilt, great backing fabric!
    Looking forward to see how you will quilt it.
    And I always knew that Teddy is an intelligent dog! 🙂
    Best wishes to you and a gentle pat for Teddy!

12. Marie-Odile says:

Hi Tim !
    I live in France and was at the show in Nantes Pour l’Amour du Fil. I talked about you and Teddy with Bill Volckening. He showed me the quilts you quilted for him in his wonderful book New York Beauty. And now, I know Lulu too !

Wonderful! I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet Bill and see all his quilts … I wish I could have been at that show and have him sigh the book for me and teddy

13. Ginney Camden says:

Each time I see one of your quilts I think it’s my “favorite” until I see the next one. 🙂

14. bermudagirl says:

Hi Tim, I am so behind in all your posts, but at least I can see what is going on on FB. But I thought it was time, just to bite the bullet. I saw all your lovely pics of all the spring flowers and said that that was something I could relate to as I have just been out in my own garden and our flora is roughly about the same stage. I actually just came in from a few hours in the garden, puttering and watering. Yes watering, it has been so hot here in the afternoons, cold in the morning though, that I have been trying to revive some of my plants. I have something which I believe is a pink………you know.. the kind of tree that isn’t actually producing fruit, cherry. Anyway I have just been trying to rescue some blooms before the rain comes. Teddy’s look just makes me want to have a dog, I can just imagine his words to you.

I hope that you got the rain…..after you got the blooms….we need rain here too. teddy really give a look when I try to make him go out in the rain!

15. Sandra B says:

Love that black and white fabric! Perfect backing for the quilt…anxious to see how you quilt it.
    I am with Teddy! I don’t like going out in the rain either! The expression on his face leaves no doubt as to what he thinks about it!
    Here in Virginia, things are beginning to bloom…and that yellow pollen is everywhere!! But even with allergies, I am not complaining…I am so glad our winter is over!!

16. darlynn says:

lovely garden, outside and in.

17. Lorij says:

Your garden is pretty. It’s very warm here and is supposed to be in the 90 ‘ s by the weekend.
    It already feels like summer some days. Teddy looks cute smiling at you☺.

Comments