Spring is here

I spent some time in the garden this morning doing a little weeding and pruning .   Here are some pictures. (click pictures to enlarge)

I got started hand quilting this quilt.

Not much done but a start

More on that next time.

Teddy says HI

26 thoughts on “Spring is here

1. Sharon in Galesburg says:

Thanks for my Teddie fix! I just love that dog.

2. Beth G says:

I love how Teddy “poses”. I had a dachshund mix when I was a little girl and he KNEW when there was a camera around. He would sit and look right at it until you took his picture. Your garden and your quilting are both beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

3. Nikki and I really enjoyed the garden photos. Always love the photos of Teddy as well. Question: Is the Weeping Cherry planted in a shaded area? We just had our offer accepted on a home and we decided we need a Weeping Cherry.

Ahhh, your flowers and plants are so lovely. We were talking about the status of all the plants around New York, our iris are up but flower stalks not yet evident, and a friend I sent iris to in North Carolina says they are blooming – -and Andrew said, “But Tim’s garden is all blooming!” And I said, quite reasonably, “Yes, but Tim just looks at them and they bloom. He’s like that.”

LOL…..I feel like this year is really behind previous years. a few more weeks and I think some other things will be blooming ….right now there are just a few little spots of bloom…..but there are lots of buds forming

5. Marilyn says:

I think your purple flowers (Pasque) are the same as the clump of flowers my mother had in one of her gardens. She could not remember the name but it suited the spot in her garden.

6. Sandra B says:

Love the pictures of your garden! When I saw the picture of the pasqueflower, a thought popped into my head that the flower’s shape would make a great quilting pattern! Never know where inspiration will occur, do we?
    Teddy is looking as handsome as ever! Does he inspect the garden, too, or are his inspection duties confined to quilting?

Teddy inspects almost every inch of the garden with his nose……he sniffs and sniffs and then eventually finds just the right spot in the grass and rolls around with his legs in the air

7. Ann Genaske says:

Thank you so much for sharing your garden. It’s a little too early for colour here in central Alberta. I’ve spent the last 2 days basting my quilt for hand quilting. I work without a hoop or frame so I need to bast it well. Itching to get at the good part!

8. glendajean says:

Thanks for the walk through the gardenTim, I really feel like I have just been outside and enjoyed the flowers and creatures. Stunning photo of the wee Robyn listening, and I could almost hear the bees humming. I love the colure in the first photo. Golden straw, then the soft greens and silvers and finally the stunning colours in the masque flowers. I have never seen this flower down here. Cheers Glenda Australia.

9. Deb says:

The bird ,the bees and the flowers are a such a blessings from nature. I’m so grateful for my eyes!! Teddy is looking good .😊

10. Pam G. says:

Spring in Michigan is so beautiful. I flew in Apr 4 for a couple of weeks and it was awesome to watch everything coming back to life and the birds gathering. I do miss Spring and Fall there. Hello back to Teddy! He’s just too cute…

11. Laura in IA says:

Every time I look at this new quilt I inhale deeply and exhale with a smile. Then I think, it will be even better when he’s finished.

12. christina van gelder says:

Hey Teddy, love you

13. Love your work. You have great color choices, and your quilting is beautiful.

Comments