More Vintage Quilt Tops

I have another batch of vintage tops photographed for storage.

Here are the 4 posts for all the others tops I have already packed. There are hundreds 🙂    quilt tops 1,   quilt tops 2/ , quilt tops 3quilt tops 4 ,

Here is the newest batch (Click on the pictures to enlarge)

Next I have to organize all the blocks … I have tons of partially finished tops and blocks that will some day be finished.

21 thoughts on “More Vintage Quilt Tops

1. Deb says:

Love the sun bonnet ducks and the teacup quilts!!

2. Cheri says:

I’ve had so much fun looking at all these quilt designs and trying to pick my favorite in each batch. Thank you for sharing pictures of your “treasure chests”!

3. jean says:

I’ve never seen one like the applique ducks before, that’s cute! Have you seen another like this?

4. Nerida Duncan says:

I’m with you Jean, I have never seen this one before either, it is the cutest. I find myself trying to peak under the bonnets.

5. Judy Dietrich says:

Doing a good job at organizing your collection. I need to take pictures to put on the outside of my storage boxes, like you are. Will make life easier. Just need a few more hours in the day!!

6. averyclaire says:

I love your organization methods…so practical. I can’t believe you have all these antique quilt tops and admire you for your plans to quilt ALL of them. You are a talented and dedicated person!

7. Pam G. says:

Your collection is awesome, and you’re so organized. I’ve been meaning to ask you – what do you use for soap when you wash your quilts? I have some Retro Wash Laundry Powder and Retro Clean to soak age-stained textiles but have been afraid to use it.

I use regular laundry detergent…..whatever I have on hand that I also use for my clothes (Tide most often) And I add a few tablespoons of Dawn dish washing liquid to it…the dawn keeps any dyes that run out in the wash from reabsorbing into the other fabrics (much better than those color catcher sheets)

8. Rene Darier says:

Hi Tim, Please tell me what you use to fill the channels in your Boutis style quilts. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me brand name of your filling and where you get it from. I have searched for it locally in New Zealand, with no luck. The style is quite unknown in New Zealand. Thanks in anticipation. Regards. Rene Darier

Sent from my iPad. For queries, please ring me on 027 271 8808.

9. Ginney Camden says:

I did one of those coffee cup quilts about 15 years ago. It was an internet swap with a group of friends. I didn’t think I’d want full size so just turned mine into a nice size wall quilt. Fun pattern.

10. Lorij says:

Hi Tim, I need help. I’ve always used a permanent marker, a Sharpie or a regular Bic ink pen and set the ink in with a very hot iron. Never had any issue of fading.
    But, I made my granddaughter a small quilt when she was 8 and it’s been washed several times. Today I noticed the words are fading on it and I’ve never had this happen. What kind of permanent ink can I use? I am working on a generation quilt that’s to have a lot of writing. If it’s going to fade then I’ll be doing loads of embroidery and I really hadn’t intended to do that! 😊
    Thanks in advance for your time and help.
    I really, really, really like the tea cups quilt!!!!

I really don’t know, I usually try to get pen marks to come out , not stay in . I know that they make permanent pens that are specifically design to use for fabric but I have very little experience with how they hold up

• Lorij says:

Thanks. When I write on my quilts I like it to stay and usually it does. This is the first time I’ve had this problem in all the years I’ve quilted. Hopefully I’ll figure something out.

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )