A beautiful day for a drive

Driving home from Colorado today. Made it to Iowa and will drive the rest tomorrow.     The weather was beautiful.

I stopped of at the border between Colorado and Nebraska and too a few pictures at the visitor center.   Wild Flowers and scenery

(click pictures to enlarge)

The drive toward the end of the day was in Iowa, the sky was beautiful!  More quilt inspiration  (click pictures to enlarge)

Home tomorrow and back to quilting

22 thoughts on “A beautiful day for a drive

1. Linda says:

Ah, yes, Julesburg CO – I have been there many times on my trips too. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

2. Cheri says:

And I just assumed you were flying! I love road trips, so that is my preference too. Thanks for the pics. Safe travels!

3. Deb says:

Love how the land and the clouds meet with it being so flat! Did you know that two of the pictures have a little heart cloud floating along?:)

4. Nancy says:

I presume Teddy had a sitter or was he your copilot on your road trip? Beautiful flower pics!

5. Lorij says:

Hi Tim, the weather looks like it was beautiful! Nice pictures.
    When it’s close enough I’d rather drive where I’m going too.
    It certainly is safer for your quilts. The way you displayed them was so nice and, I thought the fact that you let people touch them was so wonderful. Quilts are made to be loved. In glad you enjoyed your trip.
    Teddy certainly will be very happy to see you. Safe traveling 😊

6. averyclaire says:

My son lives in Boulder, Colorado and I have made that trip a zillion times. Never get tired of it. Love to drive across the country. It’s always the journey….not the destination…in whatever we do! Sound like you had a great trip.

7. Pam G. says:

Thanks for taking the time to share your journey!

8. Sandra B says:

Thanks for sharing pictures of the beautiful scenery you are seeing on your trip back home….while you can see some beautiful sights from a plane, I don’t think you can beat the up close views afforded by a road trip…and, if you see something that requires a closer inspection, you can just stop and enjoy the moment…
    Safe travels for the rest of your journey! I know Teddy will be glad to see you!

9. Helen Beall says:

Love those big prairie skies, too!

10. Anne Kasten says:

thanks so much for these photos. Miss that part of the US! Lovely photos- some could become art quilts!

11. Lori Baker says:

Julesburg is the town I lived in before I took my job with Quilters Newsletter. I’ve always loved the spring there with all the wildflowers in the pastures.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )