Home Again

I just got home…Teddy comes home tomorrow.
My garden grew in my absence, and so did the grass and the weeds.   I have some work to do ….here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

A few pictures from the road today which might be used as quilt inspiration.

Now I get to unpack…

Happy quilting

22 thoughts on “Home Again

1. Sharon in Galesburg says:

Your yard and gardens are beautiful. How long has it taken you to design these gardens, lawns, etc? Your property is showcase!

My garden philosophy is that it is always a work in progress and something new happens every year, adding new, expanding beds, moving plants….I think I am on about year 12

2. Rose in VT says:

Beautiful gardens! And so is the house. It looks very historical, do you
    know when it was built?

3. Ann Genaske says:

What a lovely homecoming! Welcome home!

Wait, you made Teddy run behind the quilt caravan?! Or did he insist on a celebrity entourage, with a stretch Escalade and escorts, moving slowly through towns, waving the royal paw at his adoring subjects?

Teddy had to stay home with his friends at the dog spa……but he would have loved your ideas

• Kristen says:

Ah, that’s right, I forgot — Teddy is a homebody. But you really must think of taking him on the road a bit with some controlled access to his fans. Be careful about taking him to Iowa; they’re gearing up for the caucuses and might make him the Republican nominee.

They could do worse than voting for Teddy. LOL

5. helen says:

Aaah, beautiful landscapes!!
    Which river did you cross there??
    Best Wishes!

6. Linda Ecklund says:

I know your beautiful quilts have been in a quilting magazine – has your beautiful garden been in a gardening magazine? Gardens and quilts are a natural pairing! Glad you had a great time and made it back safely. Teddy will be so happy to see you and the garden. Any lectures open to the public coming up in MI this year?

7. Janice says:

Absolutely gorgeous! All your flowers and plants are lovely. And I didn’t see a weed anywhere….wish I could say the same about my property!

8. Sally says:

I appreciate your site so much. It makes me think that yes, maybe, I really can make a quilt – that it doesn’t have to be perfect. Blessings!

9. Mimi says:

Doesn’t the house seem empty when the dog is not there.

10. annetisell says:

I love and admire your garden!I also really love the almond blossoms,they are just gorgeous!

Comments