Gardening

I spent some time in the garden today.   I honestly was hoping that it would rain.   I know that would interfere with a lot of holiday plans but there were really no “April Showers”  this year and May has been just as dry.   It was however a great day to garden.

My garden is always a work in progress.    I could never be the gardener that gets a designer to plan the entire garden and plants it all at once.   Gardens evolve.  The plants tell me a lot about how happy they are where I have planted them.   If they aren’t doing well the get moved or removed and I try something else.   Each year I add more garden and have less grass.

In 2011 I posted all my garden pictures on a separate page.   It is fun to look back at how the garden has changed since then.   see that page here https://timquilts.com/garden-journal/

I purchased a few new plants that went in today.

I moved a few roses because over time the spots they were in became shaded.

I had a robin right next to me while I was digging.  He was very interested in the worms I was unearthing.

DSCN6846 DSCN6828 DSCN6827

Teddy spent most of the time patrolling the yard

Here is the back yard.  (click pictures to enlarge)

The front garden is filling in.   Just  a few weeks ago it was pretty barren looking.

Back to work on all the quilt backlog 🙂

Happy Memorial Day

14 thoughts on “Gardening

1. naomiz5 says:

Love your evolving garden.

2. kathi says:

your gardens are as inspiring as your quilting — lots of creativity in both those endeavors. How fortunate you are that Teddy is willing to accept so much responsibility– quilt inspector and garden supervisor!

3. Carla says:

I agree about gardens ever evolving. I wish I could share our rain, We are having a very wet spring.

4. Margaret says:

I never tire looking at pictures of either your quilts or your gardens.
    Gorgeous!

5. Pam G. says:

Tim – you never cease to amaze! Not only are you a master at quilting, but also gardening and photography. Love all the pictures, but especially the robin (and Teddy of course). I don’t think you ever sleep. Your garden is so beautiful and peaceful. Here in Phoenix, things are gonna start turning brown all to soon.

6. Omg, your garden is so pretty!

7. glendajean says:

Morning Tim and Teddy, thanks for a lovely walk around your magical garden, how lovley to have such a fine feathered friend for company while gardening. Cheers Glenda Australia.

Thanks …..that bird is just one of many but he is the only one who is not afraid to be right next to me as I work….and Teddy doesnt even bother him

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )