Mackintosh Rose finished

I finished the Mackintosh Rose Quilt.   I started it April 11, here is the post about that https://timquilts.com/2015/04/11/new-threads/.

I wrote about my design inspiration here https://timquilts.com/2015/04/16/what-is-it/.

Here it is with the quilting finished and ready to add the binding.

I used all Presencia thread.   Perle cotton size 8 and 12 and 40 weight.

The bating is  Mountain Mist poly.

Here is a close up of the hand quilting.

Here are some more pictures (click to enlarge)

Now I have some gardening to do

40 thoughts on “Mackintosh Rose finished

1. Ann in PA says:

Beautiful! Teddy is sooooooo cute! : )

It’s lovely Tim; subtle yet striking.

3. Mrs. Plum says:

Your quilt is so lovely and unique, Tim. Thanks for sharing both your quilt and handsome Teddy with us. Happy gardening!

4. Well Tim, you are indeed a major quilter. Love seeing what you do and your comments are wonderful. You really are a person which is an added attraction in the quilt world. Enjoy gardening and a wonderful holiday as well. Best, Christine

5. Mary Ann says:

Beautiful work……

6. brandie says:

I absolutely love this quilt! Teddy’s not so bad either!

7. Eileen says:

Tim, you are an inspiration!

8. Maureen says:

So cool! I love it!

9. Sandra B says:

What an awesome quilt! Thanks for being an inspiration to the quilters of the world! It was good to see Teddy….He looks as handsome as ever!
    We are having a beautiful spring day in Virginia today…I am heading outside now to do some gardening myself….hope you are having great weather as well. I hope you and Teddy have a great Memprial Day!!

10. Pam G. says:

My oh my! You are incredible. This is definitely a prize winner.

11. Marla says:

Kudos on another beautiful finish! Your quilting is exquisite, as always.

12. Vicki W says:

It’s spectacular and absolutely needs to be in shows to inspire other quilters!

13. Nerida Duncan says:

Love the quilt of course, I also love the border and that binding just gives it a little lift. Its wonderful Tim.

14. glendajean says:

Hi Tim what a wonderful journey this has been; right from the first sketch to now it has been a wonderful learning curve. You are a wonderful teacher showing us step by step how your pieces of art grow. This quilt has really touched my heart and I keep thinking of Vienna and all its beautiful Art nouveau architecture from it’s sculptures on the buildings to the train station entrances. Thanks for sharing something so beautiful and the memories it gives me. Glenda Australia

15. Jan Marriott says:

The black binding is perfect….very ‘stained glass’ like.

16. Andrea says:

So, normally pastels aren’t my thing but this is downright gorgeous! The subtle colors and beautiful execution make this a winner in my opinion. It also makes a lovely backdrop for your page. 🙂

17. […] been following this guy for awhile and just love how versatile his style of quilting.. esp this Mackintosh Rose Quilt. It is amazing what he does with a needle and thread. Judy Click HERE to find me and My […]

18. terryknott says:

A total WOW!!! in my book. The black binding is the perfect finish!

19. Pamela says:

I was reading a post from a past blog “Historically Modern Quilts, Textiles & Design” by Barbara Brackman and thought of your quilt. http://www.historicallymodernquilts.blogspot.com/2013/12/modern-print-monday-glasgow.html. I see that your blog graphic now has the quilt around the edge. Very cool! You may finish old quilts, but you are definitely a modern quilter.

20. Vicki says:

This is just amazing! How big did it end up and what are you planning on doing with it?

21. It was fun to see this lovely quilt in person at the AQS show in Phoenix, after watching it come to life on your blog.

Comments