Reindeer Modifications

dscn4637

Remember this quilt?   It has been in a few AQS shows this year.   It has a few more to go to and I have decided that I am going to make some changes to it first.

I am going to add Trapunto or stuffing.    Here is a link to how I do that https://timquilts.com/2013/03/26/trapunto-video/

I have one deer and one tree done so far.

I think it makes a big difference.    It is going to take a long time to do the whole thing.   Teddy thinks I might be crazy.

I think he will approve when it is done.   Here are some more pictures

38 thoughts on “Reindeer Modifications

1. Terry says:

What made you think to change/add to the quilt now? Judges comments or your gut? Give Teddy a doggie treat & he’ll think your King of his world. Oh, you are anyway.

2. darlynn says:

While I understand your adding to the quilt….I am in Teddy’s camp!
    Good luck! d

3. I saw it in Lancaster and it is lovely, but I do think the added definition will make it more dramatic and show off your quilting even more.

4. Marilyn says:

Great decision. It gives more definition to the reindeer and trees. Happy stuffing!

5. Mary says:

What does the back of the quilt look like when you are done?

6. Deb says:

Teddy so eyes are telling me that there’s no might be.. He just didn’t want you to have the full truth all at once.😃 it will definitely in prove the quilt though .

7. glendajean says:

Don’t worry Teddy he’s not crazy just a perfectionist ????? and I agree with you Tim now I can see what it will look like; that tree and reindeer really jump out at you now. You will not be going to bed till late the next few days with garden all day and doing your Trapunto at night time. I hope it rains for a few days so you can work on it during the day too. LOL. Cheers Glenda

8. Sharron Evans says:

Obviously it’s a quilt that I love since I bought the pattern from you. The thought never occurred to me to trapunto, but now that you’ve said it, it will make the quilt more spectacular than it already is. Hard to beat it but I believe you will!

9. I think that’s a great plan!!! It gives the objects so much more life. It also tightens the fabric and gives it a more polished look. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves.

10. D3QFWTY6U7OP_{+[POIUYTREWQwcrt yuiop][poijuyg ewq says:

I thought it was perfect, but I was wrong. The difference is amazing!

11. Rose in VT says:

Oh, I feel bad that you have to do that. But when I see my quilts in a show, sometimes something just jumps out at me and I can’t leave it alone either. Happy stuffing! That is a good rainy day project!

12. Mrs. Plum says:

The trapunto moves you quilt from great to fabulous, Tim!

13. banksia says:

O yes,from the great to the sublime!

14. katechiconi says:

Not great, just driven to achieve perfection. The trapunto does add a whole new level of snowy puffiness. The little bells too, to make them round and cute…?

I think it’s an excellent enhancement — for a wall hanging, a artistic tour de force, I think this will top it off.

16. jrp53 says:

What a great idea! I think it makes a beautiful quilt even more so!

17. Connie Combs says:

The trapunto takes the WOW to a whole new level. LOVE IT!!!! Will totally be worth the effort I think.

Connie

Sent from my iPhone

18. Rosalie says:

It does add to the Beauty of an already wonderful work of art!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )