More trapunto and garden flowers

More progress on the trapunto…the center is nearly finished.   I have half of the deer and trees to finish and one corner of lattice and bells.

I have use 2 skeins of yarn so far.

I stuff it pretty tight so it takes a lot.

DSCN6956 DSCN6954 DSCN6953 DSCN6952

The garden continues to grow.    Here are a few pictures.   The roses are stating and the Lupine are really looking great.  (click pictures to enlarge)

15 thoughts on “More trapunto and garden flowers

1. Nancy says:

The trapunto will take your quilt to the next level…and I don’t think there is a level above that!

2. Marla says:

Your garden is lovely. Thanks for sharing!

3. Ann says:

Love how the trapunto is making the quilt pop!

What cv is the red rose-is it Hot Cocoa, by any chance? Really lovely, as is the whole garden.

4. Juanita says:

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your work. I am so inspired! I want to be like you when I grow up! I actually have started a quilt similar to the cartoon Teddy quilt. It features my grandsons. I hope it comes out 1/8th as good as yours. 🙂

5. glendajean says:

Morning Tim and Teddy, when I was a little girl my grandmother use to let me look at her old Xmas cards on a wet day. These were like looking through the looking glass in to another world, all these cards were so heavily embossed it was a very very special time for me. Your quilt is now looking like those lovely lovely old cards Tim. For the first time today I saw the centre star and then the hearts surrounding it??????? Cheers Glenda

6. Beautiful quilt becoming even more beautiful & beautiful garden pictures!

7. Jane S. says:

I liked that quilt before, but now with the trapunto I love it! Wow what a difference it makes. Thanks for showing the kind of yarn you’re using to stuff it.

Those garden pictures are gorgeous. We have lupine growing wild here and they’re some of my favorite late spring flowers. 🙂

Thanks!
      I love to see wild Lupine…..the grow in some areas In the upper part of Michigan and it is so impressive to see when they bloom ….way up north is is usually the fourth of July when the bloom

8. Kris Dauth says:

Tim, your work just amazes me! The trapunto will put this quilt over the top!

I have a question for you. Since you’re an avid gardener, I’m wondering if you can identify a flowering bush for me. I have a couple of photos of the bush.

Comments