Some hand quilting

Since it is summer I have been spending less time hand quilting and more time gardening. It really is great to be able to spend some time in the garden but it does mean I get less quilting done.

I have made some progress on this one

It is hard to see in the picture but the 3 blocks in the center are done.

here it is in the hoop.

and under Teddy

And here are more garden pictures.

16 thoughts on “Some hand quilting

1. Sharon in Galesburg says:

Absolutely beautiful! You do nice work๐Ÿ˜€

It’s all good.

3. averyclaire says:

Ah yes…but the rewards are great! Fresh air; sunshine; exercise; peace and solitude in a silent garden listening to it grow! Sacred time! However, it is sometimes difficult to leave our quilts even for a little while!

4. myrosesindecember says:

More than anything, I would love to see his harden.

Nancy – Sent from my iPad

5. myrosesindecember says:

Forgive that misspelling. I meant garden. My one complaint with the iPad is that the keys are so close together that I am always hitting the one next to the one I want, if I go too fast.

Nancy – Sent from my iPad

6. janet says:

The garden is beautiful – peaceful yet so vibrant and full of color inspiration. Teddy looks as happy posed on the grass as he does on a quilt. I can’t blame him!

7. Elke Leditzky says:

Spring and early summer is the best time of the year!! I have a question: the white with yellow paeonia is it Paeonia lactiflora Jan van Leeuwen?
    Elke

8. liz rondelle says:

Great handquilting and garden. Love looking at a lush garden–your quilting friend from drought stricken California.

9. Lorij says:

I’ve been doing a lot of alterations so, I’ve not done any quilting in nearly 3 weeks. I had some beautiful Indian suits given to me and the tops needed a bit of adjusting. I have 2 more to do.
    Your garden photos make me feel uplifted when I see them.
    Teddy always steals the show.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )