AQS Quilt Week

My hand quilted reindeer snowflake quilt will be at a few AQS Quilt Week events soon.

First it will be in Syracuse NY July 29 – Aug I http://www.quiltweek.com/locations/syracuse/

next in Grand Rapids MI August 12 – 15  http://www.quiltweek.com/locations/grand-rapids/#tab1

I probably will not make it to the NY show but I do plan to be in Grand Rapids (only about an hour drive)  unfortunately AQS shows do not allow dogs 🙂

Teddy will not be able to attend,

but he did spend some time relaxing on the quilt.

I am still working on my other project so I don’t have any quilt updates…..but I will soon.

I always have garden pictures this time of year. Here are pictures I took this evening. (click pictures to enlarge)

Happy quilting

23 thoughts on “AQS Quilt Week

1. Wendy says:

Tim, I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance from your flowers. Thanks so much for sharing photo of them. Love the Reindeer quilt now that you have stuffed the deer.

2. Ángela says:

Teddy is disappointed, I don´t blame him. They don’t allow dogs? Well, Teddy is not “a” dog, Teddy is Teddy, a quilting authority. If only one creature could attend a quilt show, that should be Teddy. If Teddy cannot attend, nobody should.
    No, that is not right. Teddy, I am with you. Now, look at it this way: a place that does not welcome you does not deserve your presence. There, I said it.

3. Love your flower photos! And Teddy is cute too. Vast improvement on the trapunto on the reindeer quilt. By adding more stuffing, did the overall size change? Ie, shrink a bit?

4. Nancy says:

A look at Teddy’s fact tells me he is certainly not happy about not being invited to the show. I also think you made a great choice to add that trapunto! Probably won’t be your last time with the technique I suspect.
    Your secret… bet it has something to do with Prescencia. 🙂

he love to go on trips and get lots of attention…..maybe we need to do a special show some day for pets
      that is not the secret…..but getting close to the reveal 😉
      some time next week

5. dondim says:

Your flowers look amazing, just as they should since they are treated with tender, loving care. Teddy looks a bit miffed in the picture as he well should be! Dogs go everywhere in France and most places in China.

6. Lorij says:

I’m sure he’d love France.
    Maybe you should do a show of quilts and have it where Teddy can be there too. You’d probably be able to sell quite a bit and meet a lot of us. 😊

7. Donna K says:

Bravo, bravo Tim for being juried in to those two shows!
    The quilt is so deserving of making the tour of the AQS shows. Crossing my fingers that you win something with that quilt.

8. Rose in VT says:

Teddy definitely looks like he’s glaring at you. He deserves his own quilt show – he could be the judge. The quilt he sits on the longest gets Best of Show.

9. NikkiM says:

If you see Rosalie Dace send my love.
    Love
    Nikki Mommen

10. Cathey says:

I hope you will submit some of your quilts to International Quilt Festival in Houston so I can see your wonderful work in person.

I have tried many times to figure out exactly how to do that but the web site is so bad I can not find any information on deadlines, contest rules, categories, etc. Every time I have looked all I find is this “Many of our current calls for entry have passed the deadline for entering. Please check back often for future opportunities to enter one of your works in our shows.” very frustrating, and by the time I do find out anything it is too late because they are already committed to another show 😦

• Rose in VT says:

Tim: After seeing your comment I went to check it out. It wasn’t that bad in the past, but I hadn’t looked lately. Yikes! I printed out THIRTEEN pages of “Rules and Entry Form Package.” It wouldn’t allow you to save the info, only print it, and yes the deadline has passed…:)

you did better than me….I couldn’t even find the thirteen pages! but thanks for looking!!! I will try to check back more often and see if I can get one in

11. tdspringer says:

Hope to see you there, Tim! I should be easy to spot. Tall, heavy, with short gray and (right now blue) purple hair!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )