Updates

Moving stuff into the studio today and I also got some stuff moved into the Living room (or break room ) I like quilts on chairs.   I will hang quilts on the walls a bit later.  I need to make some drapes for the windows…I am not a fan of just blinds.

I have the important part of the kitchen set….the coffee pot. Coffee is needed all day long.

And I found a spot for my old radio…which still works.   I am a big fan of high tech LOL

The garden is pretty green…..but everything is getting ready to bloom if I get a bit of sun. When you look close there are lots of blooms just starting and hiding .

And it needs weeding so I know what I will be doing tomorrow if it doesn’t rain again.

Happy quilting and gardening

47 thoughts on “Updates

1. Babara says:

Love how you are decorating with your quilts. There is a lovely older home in our town, where the home owner has hung quilts as valances, for the upper portion of the windows. They hang about 18 inches down and each window has assorted patterns like drunkards path, nine patch, log cabin, grandmother’s garden etc. I don’t know if she made them or found them in thrift shops and cut them into valences but I love looking at them when i am on my daily walks, as she changes them up occasionally with new quilts. Just an idea for someone who loves quilts!

2. glendajean says:

Morning Tim, how lovely and snug it looks, love the tiffany lamp and I see Teddy your basket it there too. LOL Your garden is so lovely to visit and watch slowly exploding. Cheers Glenda

3. Jan Marriott says:

My Goodness, you are a busy boy

4. Sharon in Galesburg says:

House looks awesome…..warm and inviting. I see Teddy also has his bed there on the floor. Garden looks great also. You must be having a great time moving in and arranging things. I envy you. Ear scratch for Teddy from me, please.

5. Judy says:

Hi Tim, I was just wondering, did you have to do any painting in your new place? Or was it in move in condition? Love the progress your making!

6. Cheri says:

I’m just getting caught up on your blog and finding a out about your new house and quilt studio. How totally exciting! I’m so happy for you and anxious to see how your studio and new gardens develop. It’s perfectly wonderful!

7. Jan says:

How exciting to be setting up your quilting studio and sharing it wilt us all…thanks

8. Nancy says:

Everything about your new studio-house looks in such nice shape including the kitchen with the flat top stove. No wonder you couldn’t resist adding this adjoining property. A new ‘palate’ brings such wonderful design opportunities. Have fun!

Ooh, ooh, ooh, what is that Rose of Sharon/floral quilt on that one chair?! And I knew that although the pain looks new, you didn’t pick the colors — not at all you.

That is an old kit quilt that I bought for 25 dollars with he plan to use it as a pattern for a new one….it is really faded and worn…..Carnation pattern……but it covers the brown fabric of that chair nicely ….
      you are right about the colors……I am so not into the trend for painting everything different values of gray. I like warm colors

• Kristen says:

Ah, an honorable rescue for a future homage — completely predictable that I would pick up on it. Is that’s Teddy’s Quilt on the right hand chair? I see he also has a basket bed on the floor, so am not sure. Not that he doesn’t make his bed where he pleases — save for human beds. Yuck, who would want those anyway?

that is the denim quilt I made for him….really made it to protect the chair from him digging into it with his little sharp toes……he doesn’t really use that bed much but I thought in a new location he might ….in the summer tends to pick the floor as a nap spot

The painT, the paint looks new.

11. Louise says:

I think it is amazing to have a whole house just for quilts or any craft for that matter. Just a little envious!

12. Carla says:

I see Teddy has a comfy bed too! Must be fun to head over to your new place and play!

13. Sandy says:

The interior is in such great shape. What a sweet looking place. It will be so cozy in winter!

Love your radio. Is the sound still pretty good? Tks for sharing it all.

14. Rose in VT says:

Does Teddy actually use his bed with all those comfy quilts around?
    So nice to see the high baseboards still in good shape. Love those old houses.

15. 54allie54 says:

You are an inspiration! And that kitchen looks just like my childhood in Grand Rapids… 😉 What a superb way to expand your space.

16. Ann says:

It’s looking GREAT already. I can totally see why you snapped this charmer up. And I’m with you on the paint colors. Gray has its place but not on walls! The quilts on the chairs instantly soften the space up. Love the look.

I envy you your “move” next door! Ours was a lot more painful…and I still haven’t finished unpacking all the boxes…we brought too much! I look forward to watching your home and garden transformation unfold.
    Cheers from Maine!

Thanks Ann! while a move next door is simple I think a Move to Main is lot more exciting!! but I sure understand about the boxes…..I have some still unpacked after twelve years

17. It is taking shape and already looking like home. The coffee machine would be the first thing I’d tote in also….keep that coffee flowing! I realize you are probably dealing with hundreds of quilts…I’ve also seen in some quilt shops where they bring in old tall ladders for display! Also keep in mind that your local auctioneers are getting in a slew of 1980-90’s TV cabinets/wall units that would only hold up to a 40″ TV..I have gotten those costly wall units for as low as $5! You can then construct shelves inside (in our case for the hundreds of DVD’s my guy has) to display your quilts…they usually have doors that fold back into pockets so you can open it up for display or close for protection. I also love your idea of changing ugly brown chairs into an explosion of color with a quilt! And lastly…don’t forget if you have sunny windows and you fear sun damage that Lowe’s carries window film…easy to apply with a squeegee and mixture of water with a few drops of Dawn! It will let you let the light in without fear of damaging textiles…brings UVA entry down to as little as 2%! Be glad you are cool weather..we are in a heat wave that stifles my urge to get things done! Stay rested! Keep up the pics! We love ’em!
    Susan in VA

18. Mary Ann says:

Wish I had a little house like yours next door. What a haven that would be. The smallish house across the street is going on the market but with our lots evaluated for tax purposes at $50,000. I don’t think I could afford it. Nice dream though. You’ll have a wonderful”play house” when finished. I saw Teddy’s bed along the wall but no Teddy! He was probably still investigating. Also too hot here for yard work right now. 74 degrees here at 3a.m. Ugh!!!

investigation has been his main task ….I find myself calling his name constantly because I can’t see where he is….he is usually underfoot so when he is exploring I wonder what he into

19. quiltncards says:

Love the radio – goes with the house. Your flowers are gorgeous.
    Hugs

20. Sandra B says:

It is so exciting to see how the house is coming along….We have a radio like yours…and it works also! Just takes a little while for the tubes to warm up, before any sound comes out….we also have another one that my parents bought when they got married in 1945….. I will have to email photos to you!
    I love the quilts draped over the chairs…what a great look!
    Does Teddy mind going up stairs? I imagine he is having lots of fun exploring every square inch of the quilt studio house!

21. Beautiful garden ! Looks like you are getting settled.

22. averyclaire says:

Thanks for sharing all the photos of your new home and garden. They are absolutely wonderful. Can’t wait to see more as things progress.

23. Louise Porter says:

I can see there’s no chance of a New Zealand visit. You won’t want to leave home with your new quilting setup. It looks so comfortable and beautiful.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )