Gardening and prep for grass

The garden is taking up much of my time lately so no quilting to show you.   The new garden in the side yard will have grass in the center.    Teddy will appreciate the space to play.   I spent time the last few days moving soil around taking the excess from the high spots and adding it to the low spots.  It was so lumpy and full of  little dents that it was hard to even walk across.

I edged around what will be the planting beds so you can see the area that will be grass in the center.

That little bit of green is all that is left of the grass that was there.

Here is a view from the second floor that shows the space better.

That tent in the corner is a temporary storage shed.   Some day there will be nicer one .

All the time I was digging there was a robin following right behind me picking up the worms I dug up.

DSCN7413 DSCN7412 DSCN7411

The bird feeders have been covered with sparrows and are nearly empty.

The existing garden is doing well.

Here is a view of it from the back deck at the new house.

Here are more pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

Now I need to spend at least a little while hand quilting.

30 thoughts on “Gardening and prep for grass

Wow, just think some day in the near future you will look from your original house and see another magnificent backyard at your new place! The neighbors have to love it, too!

2. Elizabeth says:

Anticipation! And patience

3. Kathi Mcgraw says:

Your garden is outstanding!

4. Deb says:

That Mr Robin was definitely using his bird brain.😊 the flowers are gorgeous!

5. kathi says:

If we didn’t know better, we’d suspect that you bought the house next door just for that glorious 2nd floor view of your garden !

6. Kathy says:

You are amazing! Your garden is something to behold. The new one will be fabulous too one day…I am sure.

7. patricia says:

Forget quilting unless you do it outside. Summer moves on too quickly.

8. patricia says:

P.s. blooming gardens are too fleeting. If. I were near yours , I.d never go inside at all. So beautiful.

9. Nancy says:

Your existing garden looks like paradise!

10. Pam G. says:

A lot of hard work, but well worth it. The view from the deck is beautiful and can’t wait to see the view from the second floor develop. Love the robin too – can’t believe the picture you got.

That robin is my new garden friend…….he stood next to me all while I was watering this morning……then when I turned off the water he went hunting in the wet soil

11. Ginney Camden says:

You absolutely amaze me that you get so much done in such a short time. You must be flying from the moment you wake up in the morning. Can’t wait to see the new yard and garden take shape!

12. Lovely! Thank you so much for share your love of the Earth and her beauty – and, perhaps, inspiring some of us to get up of our couches and outside again (after this heat breaks here, for me!!)

13. Kathy says:

I really enjoy your posts. Whether the subject is quilting or your garden, I always know the photos will be of something beautiful.
    Thank You!

14. Lorij says:

Maybe you will quilt after you rest a bit. That Iwill give you time to think about what you’ll plant in the garden and to relax for a bit. You know quilting is GOOD FOR THE SOUL😌! ! ! ! I know Teddy will be happy to have you still for a minute too. You’re doing a grand job. You and Teddy, Have a wonderful 4th. Lorij

15. dondim says:

I am so glad you love gardening so much. I am ready to sell my .3 acre yard after so many years of toiling. I would much rather quilt and be with my grandchildren and ride my bike or read a book or read your blog and see your garden. Am I lazy or what? But you keep on beautifying your yard! I promise my yard looks good. Respectable. It won’t win any awards, but the deer and quail and robins love it. So do the grandkids.

Gardening has been a great source of exercise….not sure I would get any without it ….but it is also sort of relaxing so it is a good mix, but I can imagine that 3 acres would be a lot of work

Comments