Finished quilt top

I decided it was time to do some piecing.    I started this quilt over a year ago and while packing and moving to the new studio I found the blocks and decided to put them together.

It finished at 78″ square.   I never use a pattern , I just make it up as I go, so it is fun to see how they are going to turn out.  I will need to buy backing and batting for it but at least the top is finished.

Teddy got to test it out.

DSCN7453 DSCN7452

Here is one I made a year ago with a different layout but the same block.

dscn2037
The hand quilting in circles really worked well on this one.   I imagine I will do something similar for the new one.

Teddy was a bit upset this morning.   There was a lot of noise because there was a crew of workers paving the drive.

Here is was a few weeks ago.

DSCN7249DSCN7246

They started the paving this morning. Here it the view from the studio window.

Here is the finished pavement.

And a few more garden pictures

DSCN7456 DSCN7455 DSCN7454

Happy quilting

21 thoughts on “Finished quilt top

1. Suzanne hardebeck says:

Very nice

2. Sue says:

Lovely pictures, both quilt and garden. I’m envious of your floor space! I live in a small townhouse condo – NO floor space. I use the narthex of my church – if I’m lucky, the organist is practicing while I’m there. Lovely space to work in. For some reason seeing your quilt tester Teddy on that finished quilt made me wonder if you have the same house rule I do: no quilt leaves my house that I haven’t done a test sleep under! You have to make sure it works, right?

3. Sandra B says:

Love the finished quilt top! Like the second one too…those colors make me think about fall….(with all the hot, humid weather we are having in Virginia, I am looking forward to fall! I know we shouldn’t wish our lives away, but I really love the fall season..) I really like the circles in the quilting…works so well with all the straight lines in the quilt…
    Great to see Teddy sitting on the quilt…I have missed seeing him testing out the finished quilts! I am sorry the paving created too much noise for Teddy….at least the noise is gone now…and the driveway looks great…
    Thanks for sharing the garden pictures….as I have commented before, I love watching the garden progress as the season goes on…

4. alyciadianne says:

Those are absolutely beautiful

5. Marla says:

The new quilt top will give you some spaces where your quilting will really shine. The drive way and garden look great, too.

Yes I tried to design the top with some space where the quilting will show…..sometimes I don’t think about that if I am more concerned with showing off the fabric

6. Abby says:

your living space is very nice! Do you own or rent it? And the top, de cirkels des make it much more rich in texture,. How much time did the quilting take you? You ve got something with the hands rioght? I ve got EDS, and my fingers dislocate, do you have some suggestions to make handquilting easier on the fingertips?

I own……I don’t know how much time the quilting took….a few hundred hours I imagine but I dont ever keep track of time …..I don’t have any hand problems so I am not sure what to say

7. Your quilts are so nice. The garden: I am in awe. Just beautiful.

8. Ángela says:

Teddy might have been upset with the crew, but I see he is also relieved that quilting activity is coming back. I can tell by his look that he was missing the pose for the photo on a quilt.
    Now you have carpet instead of the wood floor, so how are you tacking the quilt on the floor? And what about pinning the layers?

I have to wait an see……Have not basted one yet……I have a large space on the first floor that I will likely use for that….the floor is laminate so I plan to try it with tape rather than pins

9. susie Q says:

Your lilies are beautiful and I hope there is some fragrance as well. I have started looking at houses – small houses – again for a studio!

10. glendajean says:

Oh Tim what a difference to the drive way, specially with the flower beds against the house full with plants and mulching, it really does look loved now. Thanks for all the garden photo’s so so much to see and enjoy. Cheers Glenda

11. Lorij says:

Like that quilt and the quilting. Beautiful colors. Teddy looks serious about his test ☺.
    The paving was worth the noise. They did a really good job. The garden is so inspiring. I know you were happy to work on a quilt 😊.
    You’ll be back quilting soon.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )